Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

So...how many of us take our Vetts out if it is raining?

I'm a little like Remo and Tammy. If the forecast has rain in it I usually don't drive it but if its already dirty (which it very very rarely is) I don't mind. The exception to this rule is CAC events. (i.e. spring dragon run 2007)

Priorities:
1) Vett sitting in the nice clean, dry AND warm garage? OR
2) Drivin' in the rain down an extremely curvy road with fellow CACer's?

Sign me up for #2!! :Steer

I represent and mirror this senerio, black is hard enough to keep clean the way it is and I got a frig'n car lot around here so I have other choices so why go thorugh the bother, never ever in the snow :eek:hnoes that's right NEVER:ugh

Bill :w

The '02 all the time. I bought that one to drive and drive and drive...

But with the '65 Coupe I'm finding myself being much more fussy. I never thought I'd be this way but with the value of these cars climbing along with the rarity, it's getting so that all I'm doing is just looking at it more than driving it. It's sad, but I'm afraid of the other guy hitting me.

Chuck M

"63 only gets wet when washing, The tops only been up few times since we first got her, "00 we'll see, probably drive, need to see if the top leaks.

:beer
Andy

"63 only gets wet when washing, The tops only been up few times since we first got her, "00 we'll see, probably drive, need to see if the top leaks.

:beer
Andy

That :BOW63 is awesome and what Corvette is all about, maybe the first year I fell in love with; but I never met a year I really didn't like either; just some better than others.

I bet the 2000 rides better though doesn't it? The top on my 2000 leaks ever so little and it has to be the right kind of rain, just around the window a little. That just might be a window adjustment I really don't know, never been a big enough problem to really look into. It doesn't leak when I wash it so like I said it's not a biggy to me.

Take care,

I love driving my vette ... so when the weather is nice, she's out of the garage. I normally check the weather and if it is rain ... i just leave it in the garage. But I have been caught in the rain countless times ... like this year at Carlisle, when the storm came by during the parade on Saturday night, and my "sunshine " really got caught in a heavy down pour ... can't see a thing and the winds were so strong. But made it safely to the parking lot of the hotel and by morning, I got some drying towels and dried her off and all is well again.

Just like I said ... I love driving my vette every chance I get. :beer

Dan

I hear thee. . . . . . . . . . . . Same here

HOW MANY TAKE A VETTE OUT IN THE RAIN

Not only do I drive my Vette in the rain, gasp, but I also drive it in the snow here in Chicagoland. Oh, gasp, and I've been doing that for 25 years!!!!!

Silverstreak04

I've driven all my Vettes in the rain at one time or the other.

I've had my C4 in the snow in Colorado.

Good wash outside and underneath and they're no worse for wear.

I represent and mirror this senerio, black is hard enough to keep clean the way it is and I got a frig'n car lot around here so I have other choices so why go thorugh the bother, never ever in the snow :eek:hnoes that's right NEVER:ugh

:chuckle:chuckle They ain't made of Sh*t or Sugar,They won't Melt!!!:boogie:boogie I drive them all!!!!:upthumbs Imagen That, Remo with a long lost brother!!! Tammy,Patrick get out the meds,I think HooterDaddy is going to need some Help!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

Rain, are you kidding?

Just wondering,will you take it out if it's raining or if you know it will rain? :eek:hnoes

If I waited for a day without rain here in Rochester, WA, I wouldn't be able to
drive my Pewter very often. It rains here like bears &%$# in the woods:D
Don't get me wrong, I love driving in the sun, we just don't see it that much
around here.:w

Rain is one thing, snow it ain't going to happen!!!!

Just wondering,will you take it out if it's raining or if you know it will rain? :eek:hnoes

I don't have any thing against driving it in the rain.It's just that it's uncomfortable and the air doesn't blow hard/cold enough to defog the car. Besides the occasional leaky header panel , it's a thrill to drive in the rain.

I'd rather drive something else, I'll save it for a sunny, warm day.

I don't have any thing against driving it in the rain.It's just that it's uncomfortable and the air doesn't blow hard/cold enough to defog the car. Besides the occasional leaky header panel , it's a thrill to drive in the rain.

I'd rather drive something else, I'll save it for a sunny, warm day.

I drove my Vette in the rain, snow, and even sand storms for the first 155K miles; however, since the body-on restoration, if it is raining, snowing, or sand storming, I try to use my 1993 Ford F-150, Mitsubishi Diamante, or even my 1986 Toyota (my daughter drives the Toyota nowadays). :ugh

Nevertheless, if I am out and about, and the rain catches me out while driving, then I don't even worry or think about it...except for that un-easy :eek:hnoes feeling I get when I turn-on the wipers, and the relief I feel :upthumbs when I see them move.

You see, I never had a problem with the wiper motor, but after 27 years, I worry that it will quit on me (even though I have rain-X on the windshield). :L

Been in some major rain storms but I don't drive it if I know it's going to storm, got plenty of other vehicles setting around for that. Black really looks bad :ugh after driving in a storm, I know it will come clean but I don't want to wash the paint off either :L

When I bought it in '99 I drove it in the rain. Now I try not to. It rains between 60- 90 inches of rain here. I don't like to keep cleaning it. I put it away the end of October and bring it out in April.

It rained today in central Calif and I had my car out. It got wet. I feel so proud. :upthumbs

Me too, end of October is it for the season and I might get it back out sometime in March.

Bill

Going to last autocross of the year tomorrow (Saturday) after it rained most of the day here. May get rained on tomorrow. I get to test out the Goodyear GS-D3s in the wet and the windhshield wipers:)

Happy motoring, be safe :Steer . . . . . . . I assume those Goodyears are not runflats :confused

Mine has barely seen a drop of rain this year but that's only because apparently it no longer rains in the state of Virginia, at least not since I can remember. Once it finally rains again, I'll drive it. I prefer to drive the Monte Carlo since it has better wet tires but the Vette has been to BG twice in June so it's seen plenty of rain:eyerole.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom