Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(CallawayOwnersGroup) ~ Site updates, etc.

*89x2*

Folks, I have a HUGE announcement to make tonite - the http://www.callawayownersgroup.com website
cog.gif
is back online, and on a more reliable server system thanks to our SuperGenerous Supporting Member TurboLuigi :w:beer

A few changes have been made, with many more to come in the weeks ahead :cool

As you browse the site, if you find any link that needs maintenance, please report it :cool If you have an idea for content, please submit it ;help and if you have suggestions, please offer them :beer

Thanks for your continued participation and feedback - and thanks again Luigi!:cool

~ Chris
cog.gif

I noticed it was down earlier today, I'm glad it's back!

My suggestion for website update.

I am gathering pictures and info of the Callaway Corvettes for years now and filing them in folders.

can we start a gallery by year and number. I think it should not be hard to gather pictures as probably many of us are collecting pictures.

and a mugshot gallery would be nice too,

I will help programming the website when required and can host some pictures as I am developing my own webserver with 160Gb space for my Callaway C1 projects website.

Is there a registry for the cars somewhere? That'd be a neat addition.

Glad to help.

As for an owner registry, I think that is information best left up to Callaway Cars. Many owners do not want their ownership information out in public hands for a variety of reasons, security being paramount. Part of the success of this group has been that what information about the owners and their cars is voluntary and that participation reaches beyond ownership to include enthusiasts.

The new host site to callawayownersgroup.com has plenty of space. Actually, space has never been as much of an issue as support (harware maintenance, redundancy, backup, etc) and now that is no longer an issue as well. The purpose of the COG site is to be complementary to our discussion forum which is right here. Expanding the site to include more videos is a function of people being able to submit good quality video which will happen at some point. We are good still photographers but we need to develop our videography skills.

So enjoy the site.

-Luigi
:cool

The philosophies of the COG, parallel those of Callaway Cars -

Glad to help.

As for an owner registry, I think that is information best left up to Callaway Cars. Many owners do not want their ownership information out in public hands for a variety of reasons, security being paramount. Part of the success of this group has been that what information about the owners and their cars is voluntary and that participation reaches beyond ownership to include enthusiasts.

The new host site to callawayownersgroup.com has plenty of space. Actually, space has never been as much of an issue as support (harware maintenance, redundancy, backup, etc) and now that is no longer an issue as well. The purpose of the COG site is to be complementary to our discussion forum which is right here. Expanding the site to include more videos is a function of people being able to submit good quality video which will happen at some point. We are good still photographers but we need to develop our videography skills.

So enjoy the site.

-Luigi
:cool

Very well said Luigi, thanks again!
cog.gif

Perhaps a spotters guide would be nice--explanations with photos with areas circled (in photoshop) that changed over the years or whatnot.

For example, you guys are going to laugh, but despite the three times I've said this... I still can't tell the difference between a CR1 and a regular Corvette with aerobody. ;shrug They look exactly the same to me, because I'm not sure what to look for.

That could be a good section for the site. Whaddya think?

Perhaps a spotters guide would be nice--explanations with photos with areas circled (in photoshop) that changed over the years or whatnot.

Whaddya think?

I think that is a SUPER idea! :upthumbs

Look for the site changes to (mostly) occur after the show season ceases for the year :beer

My suggestion for website update.

I am gathering pictures and info of the Callaway Corvettes for years now and filing them in folders.

can we start a gallery by year and number. I think it should not be hard to gather pictures as probably many of us are collecting pictures.

and a mugshot gallery would be nice too,

I will help programming the website when required and can host some pictures as I am developing my own webserver with 160Gb space for my Callaway C1 projects website.

Jeroen, I think your suggestion is like the "spotters guide" he just asked about :cool I see that happening :cool

Mugshots??? Of who, or what?? :confused;squint::ugh

a gallery by year and number. I think it should not be hard to gather pictures as probably many of us are collecting pictures.

not specified by owner but just year and serial number (for example 89-#10 Black 6 speed coupe with gray interior with a picture attached

so a small database can be build.

Fact: source COG website
1991 has 63 car were build
27 coupe 44 convertible
(example)
4 coupe were black 3 have aerobody 1 is automatic
2 convertibles were black all have aerobody

Like the C12 and speedsters overview Chris made but now with pictures added.

no owner information , VIN or other personal information of that kind.

mugshots was just a funny idea of me, :crazy
get someone to make a picture of you holding a rectangular piece of white paper in front of your chest
add with photoshop your forum name on the piece of paper.

o.k., the first round of updates are now completed. While it falls under "housekeeping," expect the content additions/changes to come next :cool

As Luigi mentioned, some video clips are coming - a few historical clips (never-before seen stuff) is on the horizon. Stay tuned... :w

The spotters guide for details, body, interior, engine etc. is a wonderful idea.
Don't get sidetracked with the gallery idea because of identity. Its as simple as one photo, and description of all the cars we know off.
1989-#17
Stock body
Blk-Blk
6-spd

This is a good idea....several fols on the board are working on this as a hobby

but be sure to add one line:

Is the car in Texas? Yes/No If not, expected arrival date: xx/xx/xxxx

mugshots was just a funny idea of me, :crazy
get someone to make a picture of you holding a rectangular piece of white paper in front of your chest
add with photoshop your forum name on the piece of paper.

That's an interesting idea, but should be simplified. I see pictures you guys take of cars, and unless I see a person behind the wheel, I have no idea who anyone is. For example, I've seen a pic of Jon in his Speedster, so I have a general idea of what he looks like, and if I saw him at an event, I might recognize him.

It'd be cool if there could be some sort of member page with 1 picture and a short bio. I wouldn't mind being included (if permitted) since I participate a lot on the message board.

Ex:
(Picture)
Forum Name: Brangeta
First Name: Brandon
Callaways Owned: C8 (in the future)
Previous Callaways: None

but be sure to add one line:

Is the car in Texas? Yes/No If not, expected arrival date: xx/xx/xxxx

Too funny :L

That's an interesting idea, but should be simplified. I see pictures you guys take of cars, and unless I see a person behind the wheel, I have no idea who anyone is. For example, I've seen a pic of Jon in his Speedster, so I have a general idea of what he looks like, and if I saw him at an event, I might recognize him.

...there are a few members here in this one :w

c16rr.jpg

:L Care to point them out? Or should this be a game?

I know I have the three on the right... Paul, Reeves, and Pete

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom