Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

September 2007: The Ever-Changing World of Internet Business and Car Forums

Thanks Rob for all you and your addmin. do hear. This is a great place to hang out and full of quality info and people. :beer

Rules and guidelines.

Rob, I think you and your team are doing a wonderful job with this site. I have been a member at CF since Aug 1999, it's begining, and sadly I have noticed a rather nasty flavor in some of the members and their posts across the board and in many of the rooms. Ridiculing someone for a question or area of intrest is not productive in any form or fashion. I am very appreciative to the members here and the moderators for their oversite of posting and the threads that follow. That oversite has kept this a very friendly site for corvette fans worldwide. Thank you for your leadership and you'll soon receive my check for support of the sites upkeep.

Rob, I think you and your team are doing a wonderful job with this site. I have been a member at CF since Aug 1999, it's begining, and sadly I have noticed a rather nasty flavor in some of the members and their posts across the board and in many of the rooms. Ridiculing someone for a question or area of intrest is not productive in any form or fashion. I am very appreciative to the members here and the moderators for their oversite of posting and the threads that follow. That oversite has kept this a very friendly site for corvette fans worldwide. Thank you for your leadership and you'll soon receive my check for support of the sites upkeep.
Thank you Killain!

-Rob

Somehow I missed this thread....I don't know where I've been. Anyway, I think that this is by far the BEST Corvette site. It may not have as much traffic in the C4 section as CF, but the whole attitude here is different. I am comfortable here. I can kick off my shoes and relax (so to speak). I do not visit CF as much since the change and Like Hib said earlier in this thread, DC is just the pits.

Rob and all here, I want you all to know that I am a supporting member of one Corvette site. I have met some really great people here (and in person) and wouldn't trade that for anything. I hope that you can keep CAC as it is for a long time. Thanks.

Somehow I missed this thread....I don't know where I've been. Anyway, I think that this is by far the BEST Corvette site. It may not have as much traffic in the C4 section as CF, but the whole attitude here is different. I am comfortable here. I can kick off my shoes and relax (so to speak). I do not visit CF as much since the change and Like Hib said earlier in this thread, DC is just the pits.

Rob and all here, I want you all to know that I am a supporting member of one Corvette site. I have met some really great people here (and in person) and wouldn't trade that for anything. I hope that you can keep CAC as it is for a long time. Thanks.

Thanks Tom, and yes, I do intend on keeping the CAC as it is for a long time. :)

It did not take me long to realise CAC was the best place around, just because it does happen to be on of the smaller websites out of the ones i've seen so far.

I always thought CF was way overloaded and needed far too much digging for the info you were trying to find. Seems a lot of folks on there didn't own a Vette at all. I've also found far more useful info here than anywhere else.

I like this site. It has good info. I try to contribute when I have something to contribute. CF is too childish and DC is too vulgar (see "childish" also.) I can't figure out why there are 127 members (and 652 guests lurking) currently and there is so little traffic on the C6 depts. They must be somewhere on here, maybe I'll try some of the social areas in this forum.

Yes this was good site, and might still be?? I think I and a few others moved on...I come back sometimes.. If I had to sum it up in two words I would use over-zealousness by some is why I basically quite coming. Too restrictive, of course that is my reason.

Plus I sold my Z06, kept the roadster, picked up a new item 2002 Sea Ray 380 Sundancer (see Avatar)

I like this site. It has good info. I try to contribute when I have something to contribute. CF is too childish and DC is too vulgar (see "childish" also.) I can't figure out why there are 127 members (and 652 guests lurking) currently and there is so little traffic on the C6 depts. They must be somewhere on here, maybe I'll try some of the social areas in this forum.

I agree Norty, I would like to see more activity. Ok then you and I will post more!:D I can't really help anyone with anything other than my own experience since I am no mechanic nor am I experienced at pushing the vette to it's limits.

But I can (and do) post based on my opinions and experiences.

Rob this is a great site. This is the only site where I will be a supporting member.:thumb

I agree Norty, I would like to see more activity. Ok then you and I will post more!:D I can't really help anyone with anything other than my own experience since I am no mechanic nor am I experienced at pushing the vette to it's limits.

But I can (and do) post based on my opinions and experiences.

Rob this is a great site. This is the only site where I will be a supporting member.:thumb

I joined CF way back in 1999. Back then it was small, run and owned by a corvette owner and the subject matter was well, Corvettes and most everyone was courteous and helpful when it came to someone new to corvettes. But after five years I started seeing a change, the posts were rude and hostile. One ex-GM corvette engineer was a member, but finally got tired and left as did many ,many others who'd been members, their here now. The people who posted were the kind who didn't give out any details like where they lived or who they were, what kind of corvette they owned, nothing to give any idea of their sincerity and they soon became 'trolls' who'd start a fight here and there many times over, then duck out and resurface with a new user name and IPO. And to this day it has gotten worse. Just like DC the vulgar and ridiculous posters continue to grow without any rules or guidelines that are to be followed. As a result of my expierence at CF I sought out this site and I can say this is a VERY well run corvette website. Thanks Rob for your guidance ! :)

Not to rag on any site but it really peeves me when there's an advertisement in the first post.:ugh

Thanks Rob. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this site. It is simply the best.

Thank you Bonnell!

And thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad that you continue to make the CAC your home away from home. :)

This is still the friendliest amd most knowlegeable Corvette site around. Keep up the good work Rob.

I hate this site! It's like an addiction. Be back tomorrow. ;help:L

Ok Outwest, you form the CAC Anonymous group and I will be the first new member.;LOL

Hi, I'm J and I am a CAC-Aholic.

Ditto to what he said! :upthumbs

And yes I have and I am also a member of most of fthese other Corvette sites, but which do I prefer?

Enough hints

Yes this was good site, and might still be?? I think I and a few others moved on...I come back sometimes.. If I had to sum it up in two words I would use over-zealousness by some is why I basically quite coming. Too restrictive, of course that is my reason.

Plus I sold my Z06, kept the roadster, picked up a new item 2002 Sea Ray 380 Sundancer (see Avatar)
...So did this overzealousness of one person or group of people become an issue in the past year? Was this overzealousness less than what you find at the other sites? Was it staff or other users that you speak of? Did you bring it to Rob's attention or the attention of any other staffers as suggested by Rob in his initial post?

We try to please everyone, but...well...ya just can't always do that... :)

...So did this overzealousness of one person or group of people become an issue in the past year? Was this overzealousness less than what you find at the other sites? Was it staff or other users that you speak of? Did you bring it to Rob's attention or the attention of any other staffers as suggested by Rob in his initial post?

We try to please everyone, but...well...ya just can't always do that... :)

I'm curious too. I've seen a lot of stupid poopy on forums, but none here. What's up pseudo? Thought maybe I'd see you again in BG next Spring.:upthumbs

I'm curious too. I've seen a lot of stupid poopy on forums, but none here. What's up pseudo? Though maybe I'd see you again in BG next Spring.:upthumbs

I'm with you ! I can't say I've seen any troublemakers here at all. If you not satisfied here, Why? You can't tell me that any other site is superior to CAC, can you? If so Why?:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom