Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1966 Mossport 427-390hp Coupe..

Dakota kid

This is what I would but if I had the money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4611821343&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

ab_3.JPG

f8_3.JPG

3c_3.JPG

b7_3.JPG

A man can only dream!!!!!!!

One of my all-time favorite colors!
This is what I wanted when I started my search. Or something in a Lyndale blue, Laguna blue, or Sebring Silver!
Yes, a man can dream.:)

I'm a little impartial, so I thought I would show you all why

The following is not posted in an effort to hi-jack this thread, but I couldn't resist adding to the theme of the Mossport Green big block's. I built the exact same car ( 425 HP ) a few years back. It was originally Mossport Green, with a Green leather interior and has more then 15 options. It's an original Canadian export car documented by the " General " himself, and I have been able to contact, and speak personelly to all six, of the previous owners. :D

There is not enough space on a Forum such as this to even try to describe the poor condition this Corvette was in when I first purchased it, so I will be content in posting a few pics of the finished product.

For those interested in reading the complete article, published on a NCRS web-site, just follow this link http://www.ncrsquebec.com/bob66/bob_e.html for the complete story.

Stepinwolf

66-1.JPG

66-2.JPG

66-3.JPG

IH2LOSE said:
I tell you I like the 3 tailights in the back.

what not to like about anything on the car......... A midyear coupe in a great color, KO's, side pipes, and a BB.
I'd love to have that car :)

Bob
once again you show us that your work is great on these cars. That is a beautiful '66 you did! :beer

i'm sure the onwer is thrilled and enjoys the car immensly,
Awwesome job!

My only question is when are you moving down here to my neighborhood so I can benefit from your expertise? :)

The attached link is a " Must " read

Barry, after completing the sale, and everything was said and done, his wife admitted to me that besides getting married in this car, they had a lot of other things going on as well. She left it up to my imagination to figure out what else she was referring to. ;LOL

If you have a few minutes, the link to the NCRS site is a must see for the complete story, because only then, will one really appreciate what was necessary to get this back on the road.

Stepinwolf

As far as moving down to the US, it's not something I am looking to do in the near future. I have received a few offers, ( one from one of our sponsors ) but I am getting too old for this moving crap

I did read the story Bob, great story and great pics. But than, after having visited your website a number of times and seeing the other cars you have done I expected no less! :)

yep, I know about moving.....i've done it too many times myself. that has to be one of the worst things to go thru. Aftero into our present house my wife said she plans on dying in this house because she doesn't want to go thru the moving process ever again!

Bob you do some great work!!!!!!!

Wow..what a story. Brother Step, you have skills!
I always appreciate a good resto story and this is a great one.
From one original fanatic, thanks for bringing a legend back to glory.:beer

Thank's for the kind words fellows, I'm sure most of you could do just as good a job if you had the time.

Gator, I have received a lot of " flack " from some purists in the past, when I was obliged to part out a mid-year or two. However, I have brought back many more Corvettes such as this one, then I ever destroyed.

My present ride was resurrected from only the bare Vin-Tag, and I admit that it was quite a feat.

Stepinwolf

That is a great color on the '66. I never get tired of seeing the 6 tail lights.

Awesome work stepinwolf!!! I'm installing sidepipes and power bulge hood this winter on the 65. Mosport Green 66 427 is one of my all time favourites!

stepinwolf said:
Thank's for the kind words fellows, I'm sure most of you could do just as good a job if you had the time.

Stepinwolf
You are truly a craftsman.
I have the time. I have the space. I have the tools. I have the know how. I have the money. What I do not have is your talent.
I take my hat off to you. If I ever get to Canada to visit Mac and Bob may I please come by your shop and see your work first hand?;worship

groovyjay said:
Awesome work stepinwolf!!! I'm installing sidepipes and power bulge hood this winter on the 65. Mossport Green 66 427 is one of my all time favorites!

Thank you for your kind words Groovyjay, the 65-66 bulged hood is also my favorite. My present project the 63 SWC / 572 / Tremec / SRIII / will also have the same hood installed because I need the additionnel clearence for the air cleaner. I am still considering the installation of a " ProCharger " but one way or the other I will need the extra clearence this big-block hood will give me

Stepinwolf

SpanishVettes, your words are more then a little encouraging, however my situation is slightly different then yours

Time: I have some time left, I turned 62 last Sunday.

Space: I have some but I must share the working space, with the storage space, so it does get a bit crowded for more then three Corvettes.

Tools: I have a good assortment of tools, and the local Auto Part store is less then two miles away.

Know How: That is debatable, every person I know swears he has the " know-how ".

Money: Well I get my disability pension the last day of each month.

Talent: Well what I lack in talent, I try to make it up with persistence.

Hats Off: Well, thank you again for your compliments, but with just about no hair left on my head, and minus 30 degree temperatures, I will leave the hat's off to you.

In closing, if ever you do have the occasion to visit Canada, I am only one hour from Montreal, and for Forum Members my garage doors are always open.

You both have my best regards :w
Bob

Not a Big Block, but still one the nicest and cleanest set up I've come across!

proc1.jpg

SPANISHVETTS said:
You are truly a craftsman.

Stepinwolf is far too modest concerning his talents. I've been in his shop and viewed the many projects in it. I've witnessed his craftsmanship first-hand and am truly impressed by the breadth of his skills.

Bob,
I am so humbled by your skills. I was going to post tonight on how to replace C2 door pull mecanisms (the last step on my restoration) but I am now too embarrassed to do so.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom