Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1975 Corvette Build Sheet Location and Ordering Original Dealer Invoice?

longdillon1

Corvette
1975 Red Corvette Coupe
Hello Again. I was searching for the build sheet location on a 1975 Vette and could pin point it. I know it on the gas tank. Do I have to drop the tank? Also How do I go about finding the original dealer invoice? I heard some people order from allied vaughn? Or Bowling Green? Any and all help would be appriciated/
Thanks,
Dillon

Bowling Green only has data on cars built there.

You can take an inspection mirror to see if the build sheet is still on top of your tank. Have to drop tank to get it.

Also How do I go about finding the original dealer invoice? I heard some people order from allied vaughn? Or Bowling Green? Any and all help would be appriciated/
Thanks,
Dillon

Your car was built at St. Louis, and there are no build records on any St. Louis-built cars prior to 1977; Allied-Vaughn only has invoices for '77-up Corvettes.

:beer

Is there anyway to find my build info? How do you research build history or past owners?
Thanks

Does anyone have a webaddress of phone # for Allied-Vaughn? I googled it and didn't get anything useful..........

To trace prior owners, I think you have to start at the DMV of the last state it was registered in and go from there if the PO can't shed any lite.

Thanks for the info. When I bought the car the guy was in financial trouble, so I got a good deal. He was reluctant to sell it so I didnt pressure him to much about the history. Anyways, Thanks for all the help!

The best way is through your states DMV, but beware, most records that are twenty years old have been purged from most states computer data DMV systems. If you remove the rubber gasket that surrounds the gas tank cap, and use a small mirror, you might be able to read the tank sticker. But there also might be a copy up inside the dashboard or under the storage compartments behind the seats. I've heard of copies in both places. Good luck, it took me about fgive years to track down any document on my 79.

Does anyone have a webaddress of phone # for Allied-Vaughn? I googled it and didn't get anything useful..........

The web site's name is called "GM Media Archive" which is probably why you couldn't find it.

GM Media Archive
Phone # and email is on the web site. Invoices only available from 1977 and on up. If your car had been exported from the factory then they will tell you, but they have no information regarding which country the car was exported to.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom