Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 Corvette - Manual Trans - Values please

ixlor8

I am considering purchasing a 84 Corvette with 108K. I am looking for realistic values.

Manual 4-3
Glass top - cracked
Cloth seats - worn
Air - needs recharging converted to new R134.

Body / paint - scratches and faded. 20 footer

This car would need paint, carpet, seats, body gaskets.

The manual trans 4-3 pops out of gear while decelarating.

The car runs good and dash works.

Some of the price books state that this could be collector because of the 4 - 3 manual trans?

The guys is asking $4300.

What is a nice car worth with new paint and interior replaced? Realistic price.

I am considering purchasing.

3K as it sits maybe a couple hun more since it's manual. Put in 1,200 seat foam/covers, 500 for weatherstripping, Paint it for 3k and it'll be worth 5k.

3K as it sits maybe a couple hun more since it's manual. Put in 1,200 seat foam/covers, 500 for weatherstripping, Paint it for 3k and it'll be worth 5k.

So when it comes down to it. Nobody is purchasing 1984 Corvettes to restore?

I could have $8000 into the car quickly. Most guys that know Corvettes will steer away from this model?

It sounds like this car would be hard to sell if I needed to.

I will continue to search for a project for this winter. I am located in WI.

Oh people are restoring them but it's a passion of the heart. Financialy as an investment it does not make sense. You put way more in it than it will be worth.

I think prices are destined to go up, but it's probably best to do this work just for the fun of it. And the enjoyment of driving a nice older 'vette is a good thing! I get lots of compliments and "thumbs up" on my '84. You don't see them all over the place, like you do the late models. You can't put a price tag on this much fun!!

If you buy a newer 'vette, you can be sure of major losses because of depreciation. Mine isn't depreciating, so I'm way ahead . . . lots of fun, and no depreciation!!

:w S.T.W.

I wish I had kept all (6) the Vette's that I owned, still have two. Could not keep them garaged, so I turned them over. I sold a 71LT1 for $6500 during the 76 oil embargo I needed cash at the time, what a mistake, the car was perfect, that solid-lifter motor purred then roared. The lad I sold it to destroyed it, I plan on hanging on to the ones I have now ...............Good Luck

So when it comes down to it. Nobody is purchasing 1984 Corvettes to restore?

I could have $8000 into the car quickly. Most guys that know Corvettes will steer away from this model?

It sounds like this car would be hard to sell if I needed to.

I will continue to search for a project for this winter. I am located in WI.
If you look long enough, I think you'll find better deals out there. You may have to spend more $ up front, but I would look for something with the TPI engine. You will get a more refined powertrain in addition to some suspension tuning that softens the ride. This time of year, I think you'll see some deals out there....especially in your area of the country. If they are trying to sell it now.....they want it gone before winter. Good luck...part of the thrill is in the hunt!

84's will eventually go up in resale, they were the ''first'' c4's, i can remem when 63 'splits were nearly free...they did build a bunch of 84's, but they're being wrecked/ chopped for street rods, etc at an alarming rate due to present ''bargain'' prices, supply/ demand price structure will soon develop...but 43 sounds much today for that one based on your description, saw one in syracuse, ny newspaper a few weeks ago for $2500, dealer sale (wif has me presently occupied shopping for her new daily drive or i woulda/shoulda)

$500 for weatherstripping? Try 2500.00 for GM OEM to do the whole car. I got that quote this spring.

Hugh

What is a nice car worth with new paint and interior replaced? Realistic price.

We sold our 84 in 04 with half the miles and none of the problems you've listed for not much more than what the seller is asking.

As the others have indicated, do it if you love it, but if your primary motivator is for resale, you will need to be very patient for the niche buyer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom