Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1997 C5 DIC display

wesley

Corvette
1997 C5 WHITE
My display occasionally switches from English to Metric randomly- The display can be corrected via the E/M button but then it may change again. Once or twice the display has frozen completely for a few minutes and the reset or other buttons have no effect- Any suggestions?

My display occasionally switches from English to Metric randomly- The display can be corrected via the E/M button but then it may change again. Once or twice the display has frozen completely for a few minutes and the reset or other buttons have no effect- Any suggestions?

When you press the "E/M" button does it seem to require less pressure or less distance than the others? Instrument Cluster been out recently?

After doing some bulb mods, my "Guage" switch requires more effort to select next scroll option. Most of the pushbutton switches that I've taken apart seem to have a rubber cup with a conductive insert that when pressed completes a circuit. IF the pad is not seated correctly it may not react as intended or may complete the circuit at an inappropriate time.

After letting the smoke out of my LH HUD Pod Switch, did learn if you have the pod apart, put the back cover on to make sure you get the proper pin out and plug in connector orientation for testing. Can't get the dash lights to dim during the night. Takes a Tech II to check values coming from ambient light sensor in top of RH Pod and rotating dimmer switch in lh pod.

Wish I could be more help,

Andy

Just my two cents, ;shrug I'm no tech, learning about these cars myself.

The display changes randomly until the car has been driven about 30 min- then everything is normal- I guess it could be a plug or connector feeding the DIC display panel?

Wesley... welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I'm afraid I can't help with your DIC issue but I can say hi and bump it to the top again. :) Hopefully someone will come along shortly and add to the information posted by Andy.

Good luck.
:wJane Ann

HI there,
It would be suggested to have someone scan to see if the EM button is sticking on.
These switches are available separately.
One thing I would suggest, is that when the display starts cycling, push another button down and hold it.
Does the display STOP cycling?
Allthebest, c4c5

We were doing the same thing for a few weeks then shortly we could not reset. I am on the forum to see if anybody knows why reset will not function.

Re: DIC display erratic -

Thanks for the responses- The problem started after the local Chevy dealer had carried out the "locking steering column recall modifications"
All the DIC assy. plugs are firmly plugged in and there are no cables visibly trapped- so I will keep poking around- the car drives fine- Thanks again- W

When you press the "E/M" button does it seem to require less pressure or less distance than the others? Instrument Cluster been out recently?

After doing some bulb mods, my "Guage" switch requires more effort to select next scroll option. Most of the pushbutton switches that I've taken apart seem to have a rubber cup with a conductive insert that when pressed completes a circuit. IF the pad is not seated correctly it may not react as intended or may complete the circuit at an inappropriate time.

After letting the smoke out of my LH HUD Pod Switch, did learn if you have the pod apart, put the back cover on to make sure you get the proper pin out and plug in connector orientation for testing. Can't get the dash lights to dim during the night. Takes a Tech II to check values coming from ambient light sensor in top of RH Pod and rotating dimmer switch in lh pod.

Wish I could be more help,

Andy

Just my two cents, ;shrug I'm no tech, learning about these cars myself.

Thanks for the responses- The problem started after the local Chevy dealer had carried out the "locking steering column recall modifications"
All the DIC assy. plugs are firmly plugged in and there are no cables visibly trapped- so I will keep poking around- the car drives fine- Thanks again- W
This is a great place for info. We had the metric turning on then the reset button stopped functioning. I had a response with wonderful directions to remove the DIC . And after reading this I realize the reset button does not depress like the others. I was told it is available by itself so we may have a fix. I will let you know. Thanks everybody.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom