Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2004 Z06 Z16 in need of new gas tank??

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
My 04 Z06 with only 8000 miles check engine light came on, so off to my favorite dealer to get it checked out. Showed that fuel tank wasn't holding pressure. A new fuel cap wasn't it so they did a smoke/nitrogen test and they suspect pass side tank is leaking on top. Tanks now out and they found discoloration around the flange that connects the 2 tanks and they feel its been leaking vapors for a long time. New tank going in now.Has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening?I'll let you know if it solves the problem.Jim

EatingPopcorn.gif

I have heard of the balance tube which connects the two tanks leaking at the connections, but have not known the tank itself to be a problem. Keep us posted.

I had gotten a recall letter back in Aug 2010 regarding a fuel tank leak at the quick connectors that linked the left and right tank. Have you noticed fuel odors? Mine did not have this condition.

All,
Got my car back last week and sure enough, looked like it had been leaking from day 1. Either vapors or fuel the white connector that connects the cross over line was stained badly. New fuel tank and all is good.
I never smelled it either so had to be minimal leak and I never got a recall letter about that.
I had gotten a recall letter back in Aug 2010 regarding a fuel tank leak at the quick connectors that linked the left and right tank. Have you noticed fuel odors? Mine did not have this condition.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom