Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2008 Base, No mods is making a noise that matches engine speed.........

Cantburn

Corvette
2008 C6 Base Z51 4LT convertible, CRM
This problem just jumped up out of nowhere....All has been fine with the vehicle, no issues , no sounds...then three days ago I heard a rattle up front....sound like an exhaust manifold hitting the frame. Then it started getting a little louder and the sound started matching the revs of the engine. I took a quick video under the driver's side to record what it sounds like outside the car. So far I have been told I have multiple Rods that are bad as well as spun bearings, then I was told I have a cracked flex plate, then it went to Torque Tube bearings went bad, then it went to the harmonic balancer is bad and screwing the harmonics of the engine. Now most of these repairs are neither easy or cheap. I'm having it towed to a Corvette shop in Jupiter Florida where hopefully they will track it down and repair the right part. I will post the results after surgery.......Just for the record, in case anyone else gets this sound just crop up out of nowhere......I have 2008 base Z51 4LT Auto Convertible with no mods and 61K miles. No abuse and oil pressure and temp are normal. Only issue since the noise started is hesitation in the transmission getting out of 1st and/or downshifting.

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive...78-4222-88b9-7713a1670100/20180305_135459.mp4

:hb

Last edited:
Any update yet? We are anxiously awaiting the results.

Torque Tube Bearings

The Torque Tube Bearings and Couplers were shot.....came out of nowhere and no warning...progressively got worse and took the Vette in for a change out.....$2275.00 complete

Wow! Well at least it's repaired now? Thanks for the update.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom