Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2008 gray wheels

AV8R

Corvette
1974, 1990, 2008 Coupes
The 2008 vette had these wheel options...

Wheels – Corvette Coupe and Convertible models come with a new split-spoke wheel design for '08. The design was introduced on the limited-edition '07 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car replicas with a Sterling Silver finish. The standard 18-inch front wheels and 19-inch rear wheels feature a Sparkle Silver finish, with a Competition Gray version optional.

Also new is a distinctive, performance-oriented forged aluminum wheel for Coupe and Convertible. It comes in a polished finish.

My question is this, what's under these painted grey wheels?
(polished alloys or steel or what)

mine are grey, but if I could simply remove the paint and have polished alloys I would.

I had the "Comp Grey" wheels on my '08 also and I'm sure the wheel underneath is the same as the satin silver wheel. The grey is just paint.

The chrome and polished wheels for '08 were the 5-spoke wheels.

Ok, but does that mean underneath the paint are steel wheels?
seems a waste when they seek to lose weight every where else.

They are aluminum. Stick a magnet to them, if you can.

So they are aluminum, but not polished? Thanks

When these get scratched up, think ill take them to a wheel repair shop and have them buffed out or maybe chromed if its not more costly than buying an used chrome OEM set. I really am not excited about the grey paint.

There is a wheel place in OKC that charges 125-150 to refinish wheels - polish and clear coat. Chrome costs a little more.
So, 500-600 to pay someone to redo your wheels.

Check with your local Vette club and see if anyone has a set of C6 OEM wheels that aren't grey for sell. You can probably buy a set of OEM take off wheels for a lot less.

One other note, the comp grey wheels are pretty rare option on a regular C6 - they might grow on you.

Thank you Tuna

this regular C6 has just about every option but a glass targa, so its consistent that the wheels are an option too. I will keep them as is or buy another chromed set.

You made me feel a lot better about these.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom