Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2009 Z06 Corvette Details

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
From GM Press Release:

Several trim and content changes are incorporated on the Z06. They include:

• New, "spider"-design 10-spoke Z06 wheel available in four versions: Sparkle Silver, Competition Gray and chrome
  • Color-keyed door and instrument panels with red and titanium interiors
  • Power-operated pull-down hatch now standard
  • Gray stitching on Ebony base seats (previously red)
  • New door sill plates with the Z06 logo
  • Acoustic package standard on all Z06 models
The Z06 also receives a larger-capacity dry-sump oiling system. It upgrades to the 10.5-quart (9.9 liters) system of the new ZR1. The previous oil system held eight quarts (7.5 liters).

The popular museum delivery option (RPO R8C) remains available for all Corvette models.

High Resolution Photos: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6102

You can tell that sales are slipping.
GM is starting to load up the car with crap like standard hatch pull downs and acoustic packages.

What the Corvette Community needs--(ok...a real small part of the Corvette Community)--now that ZR1 has replaced Z06 as the old geezers dream "sports" car, is a return to basics...what the Z06 was supposed to mean when it was reintroduced in 2001: hardcore performance, minimal convenience options and light weight.

I'd like a Z06 with a base sound system, HUD, base a/c, cloth-covered non-power seats, no acoustic package, no electric hatch closer., no pimped interior...you get the idea.

A real, serious performance car for the hard-core driver.

Let the rich waxers fight over who's going to pay 30 large over sticker for a ZR1. Give me a Z06 with a "0LZ" package.

GM is starting to load up the car with crap like standard hatch pull downs and acoustic packages.

What the Corvette Community needs--(ok...a real small part of the Corvette Community)--now that ZR1 has replaced Z06 as the old geezers dream "sports" car, is a return to basics...what the Z06 was supposed to mean when it was reintroduced in 2001: hardcore performance, minimal convenience options and light weight.

I'd like a Z06 with a base sound system, HUD, base a/c, cloth-covered non-power seats, no acoustic package, no electric hatch closer., no pimped interior...you get the idea.

Let the rich waxers fight over who's going to pay 30 large over sticker for a ZR1. Give me a Z06 with a "0LZ" package.

Hib,

Could you be a bit more plain spoken about how you feel? Just joking around.:D

On the serious side, even though I have a more powerful and refined machine in almost every way in the C6 Z. But I, still miss the street fighter feel of my departed 02 Z.

I would go as far as to say that it was a serious mistake in getting rid of the 02. If and when I can afford it, I will buy another C5 Z add as many go fast goddies,(sans blower), as I think I can get away with in CA. In my hummble opinion, they have a much higher fun factor than the C6.

I probably will get lots of flak from this statement, but each to his own.;)

The only way I'd go with a C5 Z and lots of mods is if I couldn't afford a C6 Z...which I cant.

I had a 2000 FRC that I really miss. That car was the street fighter. Even with just an LS1 it was a blast to drive and I don't remember ever getting beat. There were a couple close calls with some VERY fast BMWs. It was a lean mean fightin machine.

09 Z06 1LZ/2LZ interior pics with 2 tone colors?

Hello, does anybody have pictures yet of the 2009 Z06 1LZ or 2LZ interior with the new 2 tone color combinations, i.e. ebony with red acents on the dash, door panels, and seats? Thanks, George

Amen brother, I hear all these weanies saying the ride is to harsh and the road noise to offensive. I say why did you buy it. you should have gotten a cadillac. My 07 z is completely uncivilized and abusive compare to my 04 coupe, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Neither would my wife. She loves it when we are out for some "spirited Driving".

Hi Hib. Long time no see. The Billie Bob has certainly evolved. I see ur as feisty as ever and as hard core a Corvette enthusiast as there ever will be. Just got me a new Z06 and I love it. Although I must confess I still kind of miss my old ZR-1. The LT5 just "sounded" better when all those secondaries came online.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom