Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Speculatively Animated

Showing how people's opinion of styling changes-

I thought the C5 looked pudgy with a big butt. But in 2001 I finally traded my Camaro for a C5 because there was no denying the technical superiority of the Corvette. It took me a couple of years more before I decided the C5 looked "ok", and I never really loved the appearance.

When the C6 came out, the initial photos did not impress me, I thought the car looked too anglular and over-styled. Not horrible, but not beautiful either. Fast forward a few months to the day I actually saw one in the flesh. I spent 30 minutes looking at the mechanical stuff and also viewing the body from various angles and distances. By the time I walked away, I said "I've got to have one of these, they are beautiful."

We've owned a C6 now for 6 yrs/90,000 miles (2006, replaced by 2009). I still think it's the most beautiful car I've ever owned, and perhaps the most beautiful I've ever seen. Even prettier than our 1967 Roadster w/hardtop.

So, I'll wait and see...

I do not like the tail lights - still too much like the Camaro.

I agree, Camaro is all over the back end and the Vette should not look like any other car on the road.

My first impression... BBBLLLLCCCKKKK. I don't like it at all - any of it. I remember when the C5 came out; I couldn't stand the rear and although it grew on me over time I never really loved the way the back looked; the front ROCKED. LOVED the C6 and still do.... got to get me one of those in a big way. This looks too angular, too much like a 370Z and a camaro combo largely and then as an afterthought trying to keep enough of the C6 styling to make it recognizable as a corvette. What I don't like most about it is how the body sits over the rear wheels... the new camaro has this same problem - the body to wheel "balance" issue is a problem - too much body below the half-wheel mark down. This is having some of that same issue. I can't believe I don't like any part of it at all; I can live with the LEDs I suppose. But, it would probably grow on me to SOME extent. But even today, I still don't really LOVE the new camaros (too much body and the back lower is awful!).

Why couldn't they have made the C7 look like the vette in the transformers? That would have been cool!!!!

Last edited:
i'm sorry, but that'a Ferrari

that's not a Corvette--that's a Ferrari somebody started building on Friday, but didn't finish, so the Camaro assembly line did the tail on the following monday;

first, no pop-up headlights, then no difference between the Z06 or Grand Sport (look at the King of the Hill and Grand Sport C4s--what happened?);

now we have a Corsa-style exhaust (and i HATE the Corsa sound--too much like an Abarth) AND NO MORE ROUND TAILLIGHTS?

and to think, we once built Auburns, Cords and Duesenbergs...

and who didn't want a Chapparal, save Phil Hill and Steve McQueen?

i am European;
i think i'm turning European;
i really think so...

VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Babes, Corvette Pics, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Mods[/QUOTE]

R U kidding me?

I like the exhaust tips. :thumb

The rest is just so wrong in so many ways. :eek :hb

Hate It!

I'll have to wait to pass judgment, since this is an animated rendering, but if this turns out to be the 2014, I won't be buying one anytime soon. I'll keep my C4 for as long as I can still find parts for it. At certain angles, I have to agree with others on this thread, it looks like a Ferrari from the front. And, I absolutely hate the taillights. A Corvette has never had square taillights, except for the '96s, and I disliked those too, but not as much as these renderings. Also, the side fins remind me of a Ford Focus (can you say really, really ugly?)

It would be nice to see a real C-7 at Carlisle on Thursday. Even a believable mock up. :w

But it will look like varied submissions from my old High School of Art and Design classes until the semester is over.

Roger

We also need to keep in mind that this CG rendering is one non-GM artist's rendering based on existing guesses from other non-GM people.

The C6

I'm down with it :thumb... I certainly don't mind the styling. It's no more a radical change than it was from '67 to '68, '82 to '84, or '96 to '97. C5 to C6 was more of an evolutionary change than a revolutionary change. This C6 to C7 seems on par with that.

That rendering has a few different styling queues. From some angles, it takes on a Ferrari look, like the Scuderia or California. Both of those are sharp cars!

What I liked about the C6 was the fact that GM maintained the Corvette heritage in its design. The back of the car was clearly designed with the early C3's in mind while the headlights reflect the 1st and 2nd generation Corvettes with modern styling.

The only thing I didn't like was the scoop on the Z06. I saw my 1st Z06 while walking my dog - the car was coming towards us and I thought it was a Viper until it passed me. ;)

Well, I don't know about the rest of the car, but I've seen the video from the company that did the tooling for the front bumper and this video nailed the dumper dead nuts. If the rest of the car in this video is just as accurate, then I have to say that the whole car is way, WAY too "ricer/Hot Wheels/Camaro" for me. From what I understand, the chassis & running gear are basically C6, so the main differences in the new car are the obvious styling...and smaller, direct-injected engines. Decreased displacement and vastly-increased ugly in the C7 have just sold me a C6...

Basing a buying decision based on all the misinformation out there makes no sense at all. I like the C6 a lot, but I wouldn't buy one until I saw the real C7.

If I wait until they show us a real C7, it'll be too late for me to order the C6 that I want.

The following comments are definitely JMO. I was really smitten with the C4 GSs in late '96. The front end on the '96s was a bit bland, but the rest of the car was drop-dead gorgeous...with the GS even more so. Then the C5 came out, and while it was obviously a technical improvement, it was also a poke in the eye compared to the '96. As soon as I had the money (June of '97), I conducted a nation-wide search for a new '96 GS. There was just one left, and I bought it. In all the years since, I've never gotten used to the looks of the C5, while my C4 GS still looks terrific to me. When the C6 came out, I immediately felt that, styling-wise, they had fixed everything that I hated about the C5. The C6 looks great from every angle. I even prefer the C6's headlights to the C5's. So, since the C7 won't be anywhere near the technical leap over the C6 that the C5 was over the C4, I'm not seeing any reason to wait for Chevy to surprise me with an even more attractive C7 when all current indications are that it's not going to happen...and the ordering deadline for my ideal C6 is looming closer and closer.

Last edited:
If I wait until they show us a real C7, it'll be too late for me to order the C6 that I want.

I feel the same way - I wouldn't want the V6 if that's what they're dropping in the C7, and I also don't like the resemblence to the Camaro - that back end is fugly imo, if in fact that is what the new design looks like.

I'm waiting for the "off season" (winter) to see what they'll offer below sticker on a new C6 GS. I have about 5K points on my GM card and they normally allow you the maximum points if you purchase during the winter months in addition to the zero percent financing - hopefully that won't change this year.

-JS

I saw base 2013s at 9 grand under list over the weekend. There was well over a thousand C5s available when the C6s were unveiled. I'd bet there will be thousands of C6s available in January when the C7s will be unveiled, and they will be cheap....IMO. You will have time to decide in the time between unveiling and when they go on sale in late Spring, early Summer. Then the pipeline will have to fill up before there is are significant numbers of them in stock. They will be pretty hard to get at a decent price in 2013.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that the C7's won't debut until next spring/summer. They were recommending that dealerships place C6 orders that would carry them through until the C7's were unveiled.

I thought I read somewhere that the C7's won't debut until next spring/summer. They were recommending that dealerships place C6 orders that would carry them through until the C7's were unveiled.

Scheduled for unveiling at the Detroit International auto show in mid January and a second showing at Chicago in Feb. By April, you'll be able to crawl all over a bunch of them at the Corvette Museum Bash in Spring.

Last edited:
Good to hear! The plan is to buy a C6 at some point this winter!:)

My problem is that, while I'm not generally averse to buying a "pipeline" car, I've yet to see anything close to what I would want (new or used) sitting at a dealership. I'm afraid that I will have to order a car to get what I want, and if I've correctly understood what I've read here on another thread, the deadline for any of us to order a '13 is mid-September. There are, as of right now, already drop-outs on the availability of certain colors/options with more items likely to join the "no longer available" list as time progresses. Apparently, I'll have to do something in the next couple of weeks if I want my C6. I'd like to wait until after the C7 reveal, but...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom