Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 engine

I recently purchased a Cadillac CTS. When I popped the hood to look at the engine, I found the entire engine covered wheel well to wheel well, radiator to firewall! What the h@#l

It's the idividual Coils for each cylinder.....what are you going to do with those to make them clean up...? Not much that I can think of.....I have considered remotely mounting them away from the engine but where is that going to be in the tight confines of a Corvette...or any new car. So they cover them up. I remember opening the hood on a car and being able to see the ground under the engine......not so anymore.

...The piston crowns look very Diesel-esque. It's obvious that so much high-level design/engineering went into the combustion chamber/piston/injector geometry that it will be somewhere between "a long time" and "never" before the aftermarket will be able to improve on it. With this level of combustion control, I wouldn't be surprised if this engine would run fine on 87 octane fuel...how cool would that be?...

The above was posted on 10-30-2012. I just now read in one of GM's sneak-preview press releases on the LT1 that "premium fuel is recommended, but not required". Improved mileage and cheaper gas, along with more torque & hp...what's not to like here?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom