Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary 40th FORGOTTEN

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic
K

kenmack

Funny Just read another thread,
What is the best C4 to buy ?????

About 40 responses.
One reference to the Ruby based on colour
ZR-1 / Callaway / LT-4 mentioned again and again.
The Z25 option in 1993 outsold any other C-4 option available from 1984 to 1996. This car was hugely popular and the sales no's prove it.
Yet when Corvette owners are asked they go for the less popular more obscure Corvettes that really didn't generate the sales no's.Popular ??? Not so much.;shrug
It seems that everyone is convinced rarity is the ticket to a good buy / investment.
Any Comments

When I'm asked which C4 is the "best" to buy, I always tell people to buy the newest with the lowest mileage. Each year improved in the C4 generation with the '95 and '96 generally considered to be the "best". I personally have owned an '85, an '88 and a '96. Each of those was very different from each other. The '96 was the very best in terms of performance and power.

Just my two cents. ;)

Elaine

I personally have a preference to the Ruby! :)

Rare does not always = more value or desireable, however if I had my choice I would take a 96 LT4 over a 93 LT-1 Ruby anyday and I own a ruby.

Just because it was popular when it came out does not mean it will bring or should bring more value today. At the end of the day a ruby is a 93 Vette with an LT-1, unless of course it was a ZR-1 Ruby, however I think your point is the "ruby" package being desireable now to collectors. I think they ad some value to the 93 but I would not rate it more desireable to the 96 LT-4, much like I would not rate a 96 CE with a LT-1 any higher than a non CE LT-1 96.

I belive the LT-4 will be a sought after C-4 since there was only 1 year production an not that many were built when you look at all of the C-4s built. Also many people were looking ahead to the C-5 and LS-1 but I think now, every C-5 that is a "non" Z-06 car looks the same and those that had LT-4s that then moved up to a C-5 are now looking for those C-4 LT-4s again.

Now if it came down to C-5 or C-4 I would take a C-4 anyday and if it is not a LT-4 than make it a Ruby! :thumb

I am looking for a little bit more performance and have thought about trading the 93 in on a 99, however I cant get excited about a 99 coupe with an auto. I would rather keep my 93 since it is more rare than a C-5. Anyone can get a C-5 :D. Now if I could find an LT-4 that would be a different story!

Generally I agree

Most of your comments I find valid.
However in my mind 30 horsepower just doesn't make the car that desirable in my mind.I suppose you add in the fact it is the newest technologically of the C4 generation and if that appeals to you it makes it the best buy.:confused:confused:confused
For me I can chip my car and do some air intake mods and easily achieve 30 hp gain and have what I consider the best looking C4. Oh yah and a spray bomb of orange paint.
P.S. I did the big HP thing for 10 years.:thumb see Avatar
66 - 427 / 425
Guess I got it out of my system.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom