Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th Anniversary To Be Unveiled June 28th

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
From the 50th Anniversary page on the National Corvette Museum web site ( http://www.corvettemuseum.com/50th_kickoff/info.shtml ):
Come join the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky as we usher in the year-long celebration of Corvette's 50th Anniversary.

This once-in-a-lifetime event kicks off Thursday with a special, limited engagement Corvette display in the Museum. Exclusive to the event participants are Corvette Assembly Plant tours and the scenic "Hartland" road tour. Capping the day will be the 50th Anniversary Kick Off Party and Dinner. Invited VIPs and Celebrities will be on hand as we welcome the arrival of the Historic Motorama.

Our theme, "Fifty Years of Corvette" will be in full swing on Friday morning as we welcome the Historic Motorama Corvettes as they triumphantly make their grand entrance at the Corvette Assembly Plant. Aside from plant tours, the Corvette Assembly Plant will "roll-out" the 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette amidst pomp and circumstance befitting the arrival of this commemorative Corvette model. The 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette will then join the Historic Motorama as it completes the final leg of the journey that began five days before in Flint, Michigan. This will truly be a sight to remember and cherish!

On arrival at the National Corvette Museum, the Historic Motorama will take its place as one of the centerpiece Corvette displays. Other unique and significant Corvettes from throughout the marque's 50-year history will be on display too.

Coupled with the magnificent displays will be informative presentations that chronicle "50 Years of Corvette." See the Corvettes that have wowed generations of Corvette lovers, and hear and meet the legends that have made Corvette, America's Sports Car!

Invited VIP guests include all Corvette Hall of Fame recipients and Corvette celebrities. The weekend festivities include: Kick Off Party and Dinner on Friday Night, Banquet/Meet and Greet with Hall of Fame Inductees & VIP Celebrities, Celebrity Choice Car Show, low speed autocross and drag racing, autograph opportunities, country-side scenic road tours and much more!

Remember plan early. What better way to kick off Corvette's 50th Anniversary than at the home of Corvette…The National Corvette Museum and Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky!

V.I.P. STATUS

Rob, I hope you are one of the V.I.P.'s Invited, I hope the NCM Recognizes the efforts put forth by this site to Promote the NCM, and your dedication to the corvette community.
Joe V.
P.S. If this is not the case and you are not recognized as a V.I.P. then I think we (the members of The C.A.C.) should start a E-MAIL Campaign to the NCM to insure that the C.A.C. is represented by it's founder.
I believe no one deserve it more.

• Admin
Thanks Joe. I appreciate the kind words. :) No, I am not one of the V.I.P.s. The VIPs are probably reserved for those who are much more influential in the marque than I am and have been associated with Corvette much longer than I have.

I don't buy it.

You represent a consortium of 3,000 members and I feel this site is the future for info on the corvette. The C.A.C. should be represented. Out of all the so-called V.I.P.'s there's none of them are as dedicated to the Corvette as you are and you are probably better known within the corvette community then most of them. Let's see what our other members have to say.
I say it's time to ralley the troops.
Joe V.

Re: I don't buy it.

75corvette said:
You represent a consortium of 3,000 members and I feel this site is the future for info on the corvette. The C.A.C. should be represented. Out of all the so-called V.I.P.'s there's none of them are as dedicated to the Corvette as you are and you are probably better known within the corvette community then most of them. Let's see what our other members have to say.
I say it's time to ralley the troops.
Joe V.

I concur 100%. Where is the justice.

The First Step

What would it take to get a petition up to submit to the National Corvette Museum that would convey the wishes of The Corvette Action Center's Members that Rob, The Founder of the C.A.C., be amongst the invited V.I.P.'s to attend the 50th Corvette Anniversary on our behalf. We the members of The C.A.C. look to this site for all the latest information on all Corvette related issues and updates. We have grown into a pretty closely knitted community and we will continue to grow. We share common interests, we laugh together, support one another and on occasion have shared our sorrows together and together we are strong.
It's time to let the Corvette Community know who we are and what better way to send that message is to have Rob represent us in Bowling Greens as an invited V.I.P. Guest.

I know we have members here with some clout with the NCM and probably single handedly get the NCM to include Rob on the V.I.P. list. And I'm sure this was just an oversight on the part of the NCM not to include the Corvette Action Center in their festivities and if so, we all need to remind them.

Also, thanks danl72 and Patti, so far we are three. Anyone else or are we fighting a losing battle.
I took a first step below.

This is the e-mail I sent to bobbiejo@corvettemuseum.com is there anyone else I should contact ?
It may not be the best composed letter but it makes my point.

It was brought to my attention that Rob Loszewski, the site administrator and founder of the Corvette Action Center was not on the list of invited VIP Guests for the 50th Anniversary of the CORVETTE.
I'm sure this was just an oversight on the part of the NCM not to include the Corvette Action Center in their festivities. It is in the best interest of the NCM to have the Corvette Action Center represented at Bowling Greens during the Corvette Anniversary because it represents 3,000 members of the C.A.C. who either belong to the NCM or are potential future members of the NCM.
Thank You
Joe Vuotto
Vette77@nni.com

Yes!

I agree Joe V.. Rob is certainly a deserving VIP!
Let us know when you have an answer from Bobbie-jo.
This is the best Vette web-site on the Net. Most people don't yet know about it!! Hard to believe.. I've told everyone I know and they both joined! LOL
Seriously though, spread the good word and we will have as many members as the "other" site. Just not all the same members.

I can't agree MORE.. Rob IS a V.I.P.

There is no doubt in my mind that Rob should be included in the V.I.P. list.

Rob is too modest
Rob said:
.. . The VIPs are probably reserved for those who are much more influential in the marque than I am and have been associated with Corvette much longer than I have.

If the NCM could see beyond Bowling Green.... . .,, they might see what is really happening in the Corvette Community.
The mission of the national Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and future. The museum will serve as an educational and research model for all to enjoy.

(Mission Statement) THE MUSEUM WILL:
  • Promote the restoration, preservation, and conservation of America's only sports car.
  • Be a repository of, and preserve, printed technical materials and historical information on the Corvette automobile.
  • Enhance the knowledge of the general public regarding the design, development, construction, and history of the Corvette automobile.
  • Provide information to the general public, collectors and automobile historians about the Corvette automobile.
  • Provide a facility to house and display the Corvette automobile for public exhibition, and for research in the areas of the automotive sciences and automobile mechanics.
  • Provide historical literature and memorabilia on the Corvette automobile, from its development to the present day, for the general public and collectors.

"General Public", "Collectors"..... .. . . ... Corvette Enthusiast ? ? ? Corvette Owners ? ? ?

Bud Dougherty
Member of the Corvette Community since 1978
Modesto California

Wow.....I'm not sure what to say. I'm extremely honored that you all feel I should be there. As I said, I think the VIPs are probably those who have been involved with Corvette much longer than I have. If they feel I should be there, I would be honored to attend. It's up to the powers that be.

2003 Spy Photos

With all the attention and anticipation, do you mean to tell me nobody has any inside photo's or facts about this 50th Anniversary car? Surely there must be something out there for enquiring minds

Sent my email - lets inundate them with emails to get the CAC represented :r

Here is the response to me email, they replied really quickly:

"Thanks for the email. Can you tell me more about this invited list of VIP guests? I am not sure what this list is? I have checked with our events department, and we have not sent out any invitations that I know of with the exception of media who are taking pictures at the event. They are not VIP guests, only partners that we do ad tradeouts with. Can you give me more information, and then we can figure out where the cross communciations is? Thanks so much for contacting me. I look forward to talking with you. If you want, you can give me a call at: 800 53-VETTE if you prefer.
Thanks so much,
Bobbie Jo Lee"

Ruby_Roadster,

Really makes one wonder.. NCM must not even read their own press release ... ROFLMAO... :L :L NCM 50th Anniversary Kickoff

BudD
:w

Ruby Red,

You should reply and send a copy of the news release for Bobby Jo to read. Rob I definately a part of the Corvette news media. No magazine publishes more up to date new info on the Corvette. Where else do you see the news releases and Tech Bullitens as soon as they are released.

Tom

Rob,

I hear from the C5 registry that GM is going to unveil the 50th anniversary CORVETTE at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on April 10th. The 50th is also going to pace the 2002 INDY 500. They say that they will have pictures. I know that I would love to be there to see it first. Just thought you would want to know. To see for yourself goto c5registry.com-HOT NEWS section. I hope it is true.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom