Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'53 Registry

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Rob,
Great idea to start a '53 Registry. I have always thought one should exist. It seems like there is a '53 for sell in Hemmings regularly and some advertised by other dealers too, occasionally. I know there has been several articles in The Restorer about '53s with their serial numbers listed. This should be a great project. I wonder how many will show up.

Tom

53 registry

Tom,

You might talk with John Amgwert about the idea.
He likely would know if something like that already exists.

Verle

yes there is another

Verle,
I don't have the info in front of me right now (was told about it over in the NCRS forum) but there is one that has been around for a long time. Isn't very active but then how active could it be with only 3oo possible members? Anyway it doesn't seem to be very available as Rob tried to contact the gentleman and never got a reply, if I remember right. I don't even think it is available on line.

What we are trying to do here is put a '53 registry together that is readily available for anyone interested. Even if someone would just want to register their number and keep their identity private would be ok. The purpose being to see which cars are still out there and what condition they are in. Maybe someone not yet registered in either registry will come forward even if they just know where a bare frame is with a '53 number on it would be one more accounted for.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom