Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'67 L-88 sells for $615K at Bloomington

PJ67 said:
While $615K sounds like a lot of money, it seems that Italian exotics can fetch a lot more. Take for instance, one '62 Ferrari 250 GTO, one of 39 built, that a few years ago was auctioned off for slightly less than $3 million. I guess the price of these toys depends on which money bracket you're in!! :eek

The neat thing about the Ferraris is that they race them all the time and the value doesn't go down! You can see two or three GTOs at the Monterey Historics pretty much every year - and they are not the only cars there in the $500k+ price range.

Andy

Several GTO's changed hands for north of $12 million about ten years ago; now they've stabilized at about $6 million - still just a hair out of reach, though :D

How can you own a rip snorting machine like an L88 Vette and not take it out and run through the gears wide open. I couldn't control myself.

:beer

Tom Bryant said:
I wonder how many of the other 19 can be accounted for.
All 199 of them have been accounted for and it's a shame how many blocks were decked back in the 70s. Tsk tsk tsk. :D

I meant real ones Mac. :grinshot I also wonder how many that were raced still have their original undecked blocks. Now that would be something to have. Race cars seem to consume engine parts though.

Hmmm. Maybe I should build a "real " one with the right patina and "find" it in a barn someplace. I could retire. :D

Tom

originally posted by Tom Byrant
Hmmm. Maybe I should build a "real " one with the right patina and "find" it in a barn someplace. I could retire. :D

Tom
Go for it! You wouldn't be the first nor likely the last.

Seriously, the L88 option wasn't advertized and it was expensive which is why so few of them hit the streets. They were designed to race, not to be trailer queens. I suspect this car is the only one in existance which has it's original drive train.

thanks Bob
this whole thread was before my time here on CAC so it was nice reading
:)

PJ67 said:
I'm glad you brought this one back. did you notice the L88 has the same rear wheels and tires as yours. ;LOL I wonder what the L88 could do to these ? How times change.

I just don't understand

Why have the ultimate toy and not play with it? Too me its like having a gorgeous wife and/or girlfrind and not sleep with her. John

Tom Bryant said:
I'm glad you brought this one back. did you notice the L88 has the same rear wheels and tires as yours. ;LOL I wonder what the L88 could do to these ? How times change.
Tom,

I just finished a 20-minute spin around several blocks....stretching her legs further each time. I actually got up into 3rd today.

First gear in the Richmond 5-speed winds up real quick. In spite of the 3.08:1 rear gears, it really is like 4.56 gears with the Richmond. :gap

I also forgot what manual steering with fat rubber was like. I need to pump some iron this winter during the off season. :D

Oh....my rear tires? I could melt them at will.........without a doubt. :bu

67HEAVEN said:
Tom,

I also forgot what manual steering with fat rubber was like. I need to pump some iron this winter during the off season. :D

Oh....my rear tires? I could melt them at will.........without a doubt. :bu
Kind of makes you feel sorry for those stock 1967 skinnys if the owner of that L88 ever gets the urg.:L When reading your steering statement I got a flashback to my 1970 El Camino SS 454/LS6 win no power anything (except the gas pedal).

Tom

I spent the morning a few Sundays back with a guy who owns one of the '67 L89s, and he drove it right behind me (in the 65 ho hum L76) up to a show and back, bout 30 miles each way. Not a trailer queen - Nice car, nice guy.

Can you belive the date on this thread? it seems like only last month we were posting on this topic.

What ever happened to PJ67

I think he had just gotton a new C5 at the time of this post and had the front nose off of his (what I thought looked perfect) sunfire yellow 67

IH2LOSE said:
Can you belive the date on this thread? it seems like only last month we were posting on this topic.

What ever happened to PJ67

I think he had just gotton a new C5 at the time of this post and had the front nose off of his (what I thought looked perfect) sunfire yellow 67
Patrick is going for Top Flight on his '67 and spends a lot of time on the NCRS board.

The nose has been back on for some time and I believe he's nearing project completion.

What about Vigman (?) who starteed the I need a corvette thread that was about 15 pages long?

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom