Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

7.0 Liters or 427?

Should the engine powering the new 2006 Z06 be referred to as "7.0 Liters" or "427&qu

• 7.0 Liters

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • 427 cu. in.

Votes: 75 70.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DDLS1 said:
H and I voted 427.........

Dale.....you been into the moonshine? :drink Shouldn't that be D? :L

Brett

I voted 427! Heck 427-SBC has a nice ring in my book. Separates it from the past while still linking it to the legend!

Like the "old" guys:L say, no replacement for displacement!

No brainer--not into throw backs as its hard to reproduce the real thing, but in this case a nod to history is in order--427 hands down.

427 or 7 liters? choices choices! I say 427 sound like the old muscle cars and 7 liter sound something that is not fun.

But who cares it still fast either way!!!

Eric said:
I voted 427! Heck 427-SBC has a nice ring in my book. Separates it from the past while still linking it to the legend!
Eeesh!!! :eek I don't like ANY reference to SBC, as in SBC the telephone company. Those initials are nothing but bad luck!!! Anything branded with or touched by SBC touches turns to garbage! Now, back to the topic at hand... :D

Glad to see the 427 is running away with the poll :_rock I've had my C5-R 427 for about 2500 miles or so. This motor transforms my C5 into an incredible performance car. To put it bluntly....."this car effin rocks" To think that GM is offering a vette with a similar 427 as mine is simply awesome. Granted it will be a little detuned ;)

I would think that anyone.....and I mean anyone.....that has a 427 big block C2 or C3 sitting in the garage......and that takes a ride in the new Z06....would be proud to have a 2nd generation 427 sitting next to it :upthumbs

If GM screws up and leaves the 427 badging off.......I see an aftermarket opportunity :D

Brett

427...........This is America,
let the Rice burners and the limeeeees....use liters!

caddy said:
427...........This is America,
let the Rice burners and the limeeeees....use liters!

the best quote of the whole thread!

The 427 will always be associated with the Big Block and the muscle car era. It carved its place in history and as Paul sang " Let it be ". Liters sound tooooo European and Ricey. Hopefully, whatever label it is given it will be unique to the Corvette and its American heritage.. Yep, I am over 50, lived thru the muscle car era, own a BB and a Harley and hate liters , meters, kilometers, millmeters, parking meters and centigrades. It is an inch/pound - miles per hour world. IMO - Steve ( Did not vote - no acceptable choice )

Well, all I have to say is that I hope it isn't as big a let down as the new HEMI. What a joke. I had to leave my '03 3500 Dodge Cummins with the dealer for 3 days while they installed my trailer hitch, RBs, and Rhino liner in the truck. They gave me an '03 2500 4x4 with the HEMI to drive. The engine wouldn't really start coming to life until after 2,000 RPM and sucked gas like there was no tomorrow. When I returned to the dealer to get my truck the sales manager (good friend of mine) asked me how I liked the HEMI. I gave him a big thumbs down. He wasn't too suprised since we both knew what the old HEMIs were capable of doing. All of these young guys really think they have something with the new HEMI. For me I Sure am glad I didn't get sucked in to that one.

H.D.

Big Stick

Big block or small, the new 427 LS7 pays a nice tribute to the highly honored Corvettes of the past. That displacement number does carry a big stick and rolls off the tongue just fine. Even my mother would understand what "427" ultimately meant, and my father would want to hammer it.

No question at all to me. Motherhood, baseball, apple pie, USA, and 427 all the way.

I say 7 Liters,I think 427 is for another era and isn't 427 a Ford engine. Not worthy of Corvette Z06.

OH god yes, I must being getting alzheimers. Sorry about that!!!!

Tomrw said:
I say 7 Liters,I think 427 is for another era and isn't 427 a Ford engine. Not worthy of Corvette Z06.

Better be careful of what you say. Those are almost fightin words. Take a look back in the Corvette history and see why this is really a discussion here on the CAC.

Lighten up Ripp 76, I know I made a mistake. Just had a senior moment.

Tomrw said:
Lighten up Ripp 76, I know I made a mistake. Just had a senior moment.

No harm no foul. I was laughing while I posted that comment. I'm still laughing :L Next time I'll be sure to always use the faces. I know all about senior moments... and the scary part is I'm only 22 Yikes :ugh

I heard a rumor the badge will say 505HP so 427 or 7 litres is a moot point :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom