Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'73 Front Center Grille

Aluminum Or Rallye ..... What Do You Think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

73STINGRAY

KOPBET's pics of the yellow '73 with YJ8 option (Thanks Again) reminded me that I REALLY, REALLY want a center grille cover. I've been looking with no luck, any help guys ...... Please!!! BTW, I'm almost sure I'll be getting the aluminum wheels, what's your opinion.

I had aluminum wheels on my '73 and I would recommend them. I think they look very sharp! as far as the center grill, I don't know if I saw a 73 with grill cover.

Did someone mention center grill?

This is mine at the Woodward Dream Cruise last year.

woodward051.jpg

Look on ebay, going to pay around $300 , but they didnt make many of them and they sell fast...Good Luck:beer

Chas

In Virginia we are suppose to run a front license plate so the center grille is not an option for me. I run YOM plates to add a little ' class'. Upgrading to the aluminum wheels with black centers would add more to the looks than the front center grille. If I come across an extra $1,000 I'll probably put the aluminum wheels on my '73.

Roger

The only problem I had with alum. wheels waskeeping them clean. it would take me 45 min to 1 hour to clean each wheel, I did this 2-3 times a year.

That's for a '74 or very very late '73. Should have chrome leading edges for all other '73s

I am assuming that's what you get after it was "blasted" and "repainted". Besides, he may not care if the leading edge isn't chromed. You can't easily tell when it is on the car without close inspection anyway.

I had a yellow '74 new with the center grille since here in FL we don't run front plates. The front center grille for 73's and 74's are not reproduced and the originals were some kind of pot metal that wore and pitted over time. They make repro plastic left/right grilles--but no center. Good luck in finding a decent one--and--as said above--it will be pricey--even for a piece of garbage.:)

I've been looking on Flea-bay. They show up occasionally. They are really pricey. Pa is a one plate state. I think I'll leave my frame on untill I hit the lottery. Good luck.

12 August: 1973 Front Center Grill SOLD. 74 front center grill still available.

I have one NOS 1974 center front grill and one NOS 1973 center front grill. Had intended to install them on my 73 coupe and 73 convertible, but instead obtained original 1973/YOM plates for both cars since Texas is a "two lic plate state".

I would sell either one for $300.00 plus shipping ($15.00?).

They will both fit either 73 or 74. The 73 has chrome edges. The 74 does not have chrome edges. Other than that they are identical.

E mail me if interested.

Thanks! G.P.B.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom