Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

80-82?

K

kmac

Does anyone know if this is a stock color?
b/c I like it, but it looks kind of bright for Corvette blues that I've seen.

kmac,

There was ONE Bright BLUE 1981 Corvette made. The color code on the trim tag would be 24 it is called Bright Blue metallic

I'm not sure about the 1980 or the 1982 model years.. DDL-81's 81 is painted Bright Blue and is gorgeous.. ;)

I just looked in the Model Center after you told me that color, and found that there was a Dark Blue Metallic from 80-82, but it looks like 81 was the only year out of those 3 that had the Bright Blue Metallic.

Maybe I can contact DDL-81 and get some views of his car.

Thanks for your help!! :D

There's an ever slight possibility that it is Dk. Blue Metallic. If it is, then that's the best kept paint and polish I've ever seen after 20 years! My car was originally Dk. Blue Metallic. You can see that color on my car pics before it was painted.

http://photos.yahoo.com/thethingsido

My first guess would be to say that, no, that's not original color, even less so that it be original paint.

looks like that vette has other exterior customization, so my guess would be not original. looks pretty sweet though..:_rock

This guy sent me this picture through my email and claimed that it is the original paint and that he is 99% sure the code is the only Bright Blue Metallic. However......... nobody I've ever shown this picture to has seen this two-tone color combo. Interesting huh?

.......... Nut

paint code

do you have a code for the blue vette i have sikkens 2000mixit in my laptop.i will look it up for u if you wish .therewas some kind of elect blue ,but is was lighter than that, george

from the picture it looks a bit darker ' im looking at the paint chip of yours

I just sent DDL-81 an email, so maybe we'll get to see pics of his '81 to compare with the picture I uploaded at the start of the thread. :D

Here is a picture I took of Dale's Blue 1981 at the NCM last summer. It is a sweet color. Enjoy.

Dale.... hope you didn't mind.

......... Nut

Hehehe........actually I emailed that pic Nut and another. Thanks for showing her off:w I don't mind at all.

thanks Nut & DDL...
I really like the color.
It also shows me that the pic I posted has to have been painted, and not a C3 color.

kmac

was that first post a model ?? Where did the pic come from ??

I would love to know what color it actuall is , pretty much the color Im looking for regardless if it origonal or not.

cmegga--:w
I got that pic from a foreign vette site located at http://www.heartbeatcorvette.nl/heartbeat/index2.htm
I think it is a fellow CAC members page, but I'm not sure of his name.
If you'll go to the 'fotoalbum' and then 'meetings', under 2001 click on "meeting Haarzuilens"
That picture is in the 4th section of pics on that page. :D

wow...lots of cool pics on that site. It's fun to see such a crowd overseas!

thanks for the link kmac

looks like they have some nice rides over in Dutchland

check out the attachment, I liked this one too . I widh there was an easy way to find out what paint codes any of these were

here are a couple more lookers from that site...

fdc15977.jpg.orig.jpg

fdc15978.jpg.orig.jpg

nice red x's huh?!? :(
Sorry about that...
the pics showed up in my preview message.
I'll have to figure that out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom