Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

81 project

Could you give a little more detail on the hood issues. I purchased alot of parts from the same source, not happy by any standard.
I ordered the stinger hood for mine it should arrive Monday next week. How much time did you spend on your hood? I spent over 50 hours each on the front and rear bumpers to get an acceptable fit.

The issue with my hood is that it's a bit to long on the passenger side, about 1/2", and a bit to low for about the last 6 or 8 inches. The rest of that side fits well. The drivers side is about 1/4" to long, but fits well otherwise. The gaps are the same down both sides and across the front so either the hood is long or my passenger fender is short, but it's the same distance from the windshield as the drivers side. Either way, not too much to fix, and it may be my car, not the hood.

Well that is alot of work in my book. Just wanted to know what I could expect work wise when my new hood shows up.

tcxd40

The issue with my hood is that it's a bit to long on the passenger side, about 1/2", and a bit to low for about the last 6 or 8 inches. The rest of that side fits well. The drivers side is about 1/4" to long, but fits well otherwise. The gaps are the same down both sides and across the front so either the hood is long or my passenger fender is short, but it's the same distance from the windshield as the drivers side. Either way, not too much to fix, and it may be my car, not the hood.

C'mon now... MORE PICS!

:thumb

Seriously- this is an AWESOME thread. I really like all the unique aspects of your swap- down to the accessory drive system. Keep the pics coming!

Thanks Kane, I hope to be working the hood later this week. Even though I'm in Florida, it's actually been cold for almost two weeks, in the low 20's and teens!!! I know for those in the "Great White North" that's not cold, and it's not that bad, but it is too cold for fiberglass work, and my garage isn't heated. It's supposed to be warmer this week, so I should be able to get at it.

tcxd40, like I said, the hood fit could very well be because of my car. I know it was hit in the right front corner and repaired, but that was before me. The hood fit is the only time I've been able to notice the difference so it makes more sense to alter the hood than to break loose the front end and re-glue it!!!

Well my hood showed up and to my surprize it is very nice. No work required other than adjusting or replacing the right side hinge. It is already fiitted to the car and ready to be preped and painted.

With the instructions it does note if there is fitment issues to split the fender adjust and re-glue!! I agree I'd work on the hood.

View attachment 21698

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom