Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Right Headlight Won't Open

jacob9582

Corvette
1984 Brilliant White Coupe, Targa Top
Lights turn on but rt headlight will not rotate open. I can hear the motor try to move but nothing.

thanks in advance, Kevin

first things first make sure nothing stoping in (something caught maybe a little twig) if that's fine maybe a gear is the problem is it making a clicking noise

No twig, no gear grinding noise. Sounds normal but no movement...

If nothings hanging it the only 2 possibilities i can think of is bad motor or messed up gear the original gears in c4s are plastic. I found a great video on youtube but im on a new tablet idk how to highlight link lol, but if u google c4 corvette headlight repair then it will be the top video.

I just realized that he was working on a 94 sry man but it may help u or someone else anway idk if there were any changes from 84-94 but I did see that the guy in the video had a replacement metal gear so if this is the problem i'd opt to spend the extra $$$ if I was u hope I helped

Last edited:
If nothings hanging it the only 2 possibilities i can think of is bad motor or messed up gear
Did you read the links about headlights I posted????

it appears 84-88 is different from later model c4s.
:eyerole
Which is why I posted a link to a headlight repair ( with pictures ) of the early style headlight seeing the OP stated

" 84 Right Headlight Won't Open "

Last edited:
yeah veeteoz I looked at it. That's what I meant by they were different. Good luck Jacob.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom