Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'90 ZR1 For Sale, comments?

• Thread starter Thread starter MagikDraggin
  • Start date Start date
I wouldn't have bought it based on principles of fairness and equality.
When my life was going to hell back in 85 I made a statement about principles and my lawyer took my head off. He screamed, ¨PRINCIPLES, if you can afford principles then you can afford a better lawyer than me. When you come down off of your high horse and are ready to talk about reality we will get you through this as politely and cheaply as possible.¨
When buying a used car, even if it is a Vette, there are no morals. The only Principle is to get the best deal you can and expect the worst. Make your decision and buy the car or walk away but never go back. If the car goes for another 100K or throws a rod at the end of the street, it is what it is, if you need a warranty lease a new C6!
Had I had a shot at this ZR1 I would have done the same.
Now can we get some post from our newest ZR1 member about his ride? How does it feel when all 32 valves open up?:v :Steer :w

Rob said:
Jeff,

What is your issue?
Rob if you go back and read my second post in this thread, you will see I did not attack or anything. Last time I looked it takes two people to commit to a deal. He participated in a tranaction that should not have taken place.

Josh (Pacethis) and Ron where bidding on this car. I know both of these people. For them to have everything lined up and ready to purchase this price off of Ebay and then see it be gone in the last 3 minutes of a 7 day auction, is ridiculous. JVD and whomever the a-hole owner was should not have put an auction up that started at 9,9995.00 with no reserve.

When they yanked the auction and people called, asking what happened, then it turned into a cluster f**k. "I'm taking bids offline."

So once again, congrats to the buyer for participating in the circumvention of ebay and p*ssing off several other people who were bidding on the car.

Jeffvette said:
Rob if you go back and read my second post in this thread, you will see I did not attack or anything. Last time I looked it takes two people to commit to a deal. He participated in a tranaction that should not have taken place.

Josh (Pacethis) and Ron where bidding on this car. I know both of these people. For them to have everything lined up and ready to purchase this price off of Ebay and then see it be gone in the last 3 minutes of a 7 day auction, is ridiculous. JVD and whomever the a-hole owner was should not have put an auction up that started at 9,9995.00 with no reserve.

When they yanked the auction and people called, asking what happened, then it turned into a cluster f**k. "I'm taking bids offline."

So once again, congrats to the buyer for participating in the circumvention of ebay and p*ssing off several other people who were bidding on the car.
Well, I really don't blame the new owner for buying it...I just wouldn't have done it myself, given the way it all went down.

I'd been looking for a car to replace my custom pace car since it left. At the price, the zr1 being discussed would have eased me back into a nice car, but without car payments. After this transaction, I just bit the bullet and bought a different car. They say everything happens for a reason. My reason was so that I could spend lots more money, have car payments, but also a 500rwhp 7.0L Beast!!!

So, no, I'm not bitter, because in the end I'm getting something I will enjoy much more.

However, I do have my principles, and that's one thing that others cannot take away from me. I feel sorry for those (not the buyer of the car) that feel there are no principles when it comes to such a large purchase. When I first sold my pace car last August, I had accepted an offer of $42k and change. I didn't have a deposit yet, but I felt confident that the buyer would come through. I had talked to him on the phone several times and he had already begun making arrangements for payment and delivery. The next day I had someone offer me $50k for the car. The goal anytime you are selling is to get the most you can. I would have loved to get 50k for the car, but I told him I couldn't accept his offer becuase it had already been spoken for. As much as the extra $8k would have come in handy, I've never regretted it. A man's word should mean something...and I like to think mine's as good as any.

The auction is an 'iffy' territory. My interpretation though is that if you list something at $9995 with no reserve, you are stating (as your word) that you're willing to sell it to the highest bidder at the end of the auction (unless, as some state, it is previously sold prior to the auction close). It's obvious that the car wasn't sold before the auction end, and it's apparent that they weren't willing to sell at their minimum opening price. Personally I think the auction would have fetched 12k, but it looks like they got more this way...the only true question is..."Was it worth it to destroy the reputation of a great tuner, even if only in the minds of a few?"

[/Rant off]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom