Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary 93 ruby lt1 mystery oil leak

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

oklahoma1

Corvette
1993 ruby conv.
I have a 93 Ruby LT1-Automatic. The car has 73000 mi. I have replaced the WaterPump & seal, Optispark & sea, Balacer Hub & sea. I do not see any oil pan peaks or Intake leaks or valve cover(It is not wet in these areas ). The oil leak seems to be coming from the right front of the engine and leaks down the right side of the cross member. Is there any other source for this leak on the fron of the engine (Sending units etc) Any guidance is appreciated.

Check your dipstick and dipstick tube. Make sure your PCV Valve is functioning properly and that breather tube isn't plugged up. In either case you can get pressure in the crankcase and oil will leak out the top of the dipstick tube.

Don't discount the "china" walls leaking at the front and rear of the lifter valley. If the intake has never been off and resealed with The Right Stuff (actual name of the Permatex product) I would start with that.

Oil Leak LT1

Thanks for the reply..I have replaced the PCV and the PCV Hose. I have not re-sealed the Intake..I could not find any wet oil around the intake..Atleast as much as I could see & feel.

Corvette Leak

:beerI have a 93 40th Anniversary and it only has 8,000 miles and just took it to the shop to replace belts, spark plugs and change oil. The mechanic found a leak around the distributor seal of course that led to the water pump seal etc but there are no more leaks. Hope this helps. Terry

I have a 93 Ruby LT1-Automatic. The car has 73000 mi. I have replaced the WaterPump & seal, Optispark & sea, Balacer Hub & sea. I do not see any oil pan peaks or Intake leaks or valve cover(It is not wet in these areas ). The oil leak seems to be coming from the right front of the engine and leaks down the right side of the cross member. Is there any other source for this leak on the fron of the engine (Sending units etc) Any guidance is appreciated.

oil leak

Had oil leak on mine...actually two...biggest was at the oil filter housing...other, smaller, at front crankshaft seal....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom