Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 exhaust

concur, it's got to breathe to make horsepower

95 vette

I may buy it, how do I contact you?

i'm at

bmg45251@yahoo.com. I also put the LT4 knock module in mine. the parts guy at my chevy dealer did it to his 96 camaro with the 5.7 litre engine. he claims the LT4 was a noisier engine - so the LT4 knock module was less sensitive and doesn't retard the advance. I noticed a difference in off the line starts.
also my muffler dealer said the flowmasters will burn in and quiet down a little bit.

The LT-4 is only a head and intake upgrade, and still doesn't really make a lot of horse. If you want power out of your 350, you really need to port it. If you have the cash, it's better to punch it out .30 over like I did, or if you can, make it a 396. Plenty of horse on a beer budget. I can only run a 200hp shot of nitrous on mine, I have steel pistons. He can probably push 260 with his forged.

I'm seriously thinking about new Borlas, but I am definitely keeping the old mufflers in case I need to switch over.

Has anyone tried the sound deadening pads that I see in the catalogs? Was there a significant improvement on resonance for aftermarket exhaust?

Dude, you aren't listening. Performance and quiet don't go hand in hand. You have to decide what you want. You can't run a 10 second car and expect it to sound like a mini-van.

I couldn’t disagree with that statement enough. Sound and performance is not the total issue. Resonance is the issue. Why accept something that’s just 75% acceptable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom