Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 96 C4 LT1 sitting in the parking lot of the grocery

ForestGreen75

Corvette
1996/ White 1975/ForestGr
Hey guys- looking for a little help here again! 96 LT1 auto running fine then started to miss on restart as I came out w/ groceries! Shut it off and would crank but not fire. Replaced Injectors last week and it ran ok- had done the same thing once b4 and no codes so we figured injectors- wrongo-congo-bongo

Pulled codes this am after it sat overnight (was out there at 4:30am- couldn't leave her alone all night) and got H71 and H72- it is an aftermkt radio and I will fix that but I don't know what to do now... it started and ran for me to move it to another parking spot (didn't want to seem too obvious) but then it stopped again and will turn over but not fire- ran codes again and got the same.

May just take the ECU to Kragen and see if it's a goner...any help appreciated- read all the threads last night and I'm still lost- it does have 117,000 miles- and pressure in the rail...

UPDATE- ok disconnected battery- drained the systems of juice and it started up- ran rough but drove into trailer- The EcM rebuild guy says not ECm problem- Fuel injector guy says not his problem either...no shorts that I can tell- fuses all good- too basic perhaps but looking for obvious fixes first.

I believe I would check the fuel pressure first thing!! That can go along ways on troubleshooting!! LT1's and LT4's Love plenty of fuel pressure,42-50 lb would be Ideal!!:thumb:thumb

According to the Factory Service Manual (FSM), all LT1 & LT4 engines require between 41 &47 lbs. of fuel pump pressure.

I would be satisfied with 42-50psi as specified by the junkman! :L

junk, Could not resist! Can you blame me? :boogie

SAVE THE GOSH DARN :w

junk, Could not resist! Can you blame me? :boogie

SAVE THE GOSH DARN :w
Naw,Can't blame you!!Actually,Gregory I took that out the manual that came with my Super Doper fuel pressure check'n gage!!;LOLI guess it actually depends on which manual your looking at, I have about 6-8 different ones here and your right the GM ones says 41-47!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
But one thing I do know for certain .....................................
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................

My Key Fob is in my Pocket!!
:thumb:thumb:thumb

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

junkman: All I got to say is this: You should be careful......very careful......:ugh:ugh:ugh:ugh:ugh:ugh

And YES, the key fob is in MY pocket! :boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE THE GOSH DARN :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom