Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Corvette Fan Remembered

I send my condolances. We lost an 18 month old grandaughter 11 yrs ago. Anytime someone passes on I think of her. In 94 when I bought my vette I asked my then 79 yr old dad if he would like to drive it. The glitter in his eyes is something I will never forget. First order of business this spring is go for another ride with me in the shotgun position.I could at any time want the memories. May all your memories be good.

Glenn

Condolences to you and your family. Lost Dad 5 years ago and the Father-in-law on December 20th.
Mom came to visit over Crhistmas and got her to ride in the vette but she wouldn't drive it either.

Hang in there.
Larry

My Prayers

I again pray for you and your loss. The many replys to your post have again stirred a fond memory I have of my vette. My Cousin who came to live with my folks during the depression. He passed away this year also but he and I travelled together as kids. He introduced me to motorcycles then sports cars in the early fifty's. He had a MG then a Jaguar XK 120 Fixed Head coupe.

During those years he started to race in SCCA events. He finished 30 overall at Sebring in 1956 in an Arnolt Bristol. I tell you this so you can enjoy the story of his last ride in a sports car at age 86. Early last spring I took him for a 90 mile ride in the vette. I took roads designed for a sports car. I started out easy with the corners. Even though he had cancer he was smiling and then he said come on get on it. I found a couple of corners I was real familiar with that were marked 35 MPH. I approched them fairly hot and jumped into the brakes and powered them at about 80. But what I remember was my cousin sitting there laughing and hooting and shouting if he had had a car like this he could have won Sebring. He bubbled over about the way the car responded to steering input etc. Again that is what this car is all about the memories oh the memories.

I could not imagine the loss. I received an email from my mother about 'Keepers'. It sparked this reply, but to my father.

I will admit that I dread the day of my father leaving my life. It's not that my mother does not hold a special place but I am my father's daughter. I depend on him like no other male in my life, for no other has proven his worth as my father. For some unexplainable cause none ever will. I treasure his every word. I look to him for every answer, condolence, or explanation. His words come to mind in every instance, moment, and decision. There can be no other to compare, equate or compete. I respect, appreciate and love my father for all he has instilled in me knowingly or not. He is my keeper of life's answers.

This is for you, Dad. So you know how I feel.

Your daughter,
Toni

At first my mother would not speak to me after my father shared this with her. But in a conversation early one morning, we were able to connect on our own level. I treasure the moments with my folks. They are the 'Keepers' of our lives and every grain of knowledge obtained brings us closer.

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Z & Hrtbeat

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

tlong said:
I don't want to make this a big deal but I want to share this with my friends.

She loved my car. When it rolled onto her driveway she just stood there, smiling, and always said "What a beautiful car" When I asked her to drive it was a quick shake of the head and "No!!"
I appreciate your sharing.
I talk to my mom every day, she's 90 years old. She is probably the most important person in my life. I don't know how it would feel when she goes.

tlong: Sorry to hear of your loss, will say a prayer for you and yours. Your a fortunate man to have enjoyed a great relationship with you mom. May those memories help sustain you at this time! Ike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom