Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air intake mods with higher elevation?

stearnman

Corvette
1992 Bright Red LT1 Coupe
A question I've been thinking about for a while now since I started reading the forums here. What would be the best air intake modifications to do at elevations of 3000+ to 6000 ft above sea-level?

Just Stock?
Open lid with K&N "box" filter?
SLP Cold Air Induction type, with K&N "cone" filters?
Vortex Ram-air style?

No Corvette yet here, but it's a question I've been pondering over and have not seen any articles on yet (minimal searching though).

Thanks for the input in advance!

stearnman said:
A question I've been thinking about for a while now since I started reading the forums here. What would be the best air intake modifications to do at elevations of 3000+ to 6000 ft above sea-level?

Just Stock?
Open lid with K&N "box" filter?
SLP Cold Air Induction type, with K&N "cone" filters?
Vortex Ram-air style?

No Corvette yet here, but it's a question I've been pondering over and have not seen any articles on yet (minimal searching though).

Thanks for the input in advance!

I know where your coming from. ;)

they would probably all help over a stock setup but no matter how you get the air into your engine it still contains less oxygen. It'll cost you a lot of money to make the car perform better than it did at sea level.

IMHO none of the things you listed will help much. sorry

er, I mean an air foil is the answer. It's good for at least 12 horsepower! :crazy

Gotta squeeze that air

Better intake will offer minimal improvement but you are starting at a disadvantage to sea level.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom