Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air intake mods with higher elevation?

stearnman

Corvette
1992 Bright Red LT1 Coupe
A question I've been thinking about for a while now since I started reading the forums here. What would be the best air intake modifications to do at elevations of 3000+ to 6000 ft above sea-level?

Just Stock?
Open lid with K&N "box" filter?
SLP Cold Air Induction type, with K&N "cone" filters?
Vortex Ram-air style?

No Corvette yet here, but it's a question I've been pondering over and have not seen any articles on yet (minimal searching though).

Thanks for the input in advance!

(EDIT: Meant to post this in the C4 section, but this can definitely apply for the C5s as well!)

Chris, I haven't done any particularly significant mods to my Z06 yet, but I have done a K&N open air box filter.

I think I remember reading that cars adjust to altitude just like people do- over time, they get used to it. I haven't noticed any "low oxygen" issues in my Z06 since I purchased it. Then again, I haven't taken her up to the top of Pikes Peak, either.

-Patrick

stearnman, would you like for us to move it to the C4 section? wouldn't be a problem.

Tammy

You don't have to move it...I posted it in the C4 section also. I guess if anything, you can apply Patrick's comment to the other thread I posted and delete this one.

Thank you for the comment, BTW, Patrick! I look forward to meeting you someday...somewhere in Denver...Just me in "my" Corvette, instead of my Nissan! ;)

I noticed the dual posting also, but decided to leave both when I saw the following comment:
stearnman said:
(EDIT: Meant to post this in the C4 section, but this can definitely apply for the C5s as well!)
:CAC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom