Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another wheel question - 89 Convertible

Radar

Corvette
1989 Medium Blue Metalic Convertible
I hope that I am not re-hashing an old thread with this question. So please excuse me if that is the case. I did a quick search and did not find this so here goes.

I have a very nice and factory stock 1989 medium metalic blue convertible with the factory white top. I also have the factory stock 17x9.5 wheels. I want to up-date the wheels with something more classic.

Here is my question. I like the older classic 5-spoke look from the muscle car era, where the spoke is wider at the rim than at the hub. The classic Torq Thrust wheel comes closest to that old Crager mag. I was thinking of a grey or black center with a chrome rim. Has anyone with the older C4 tried this type of wheel look? If you have pictures, please post them. I would appreciate your comments and opinions!

Am I nuts with this idea? I enjoy the Z06 thin spoke look but I would like something different.

Best Regards,

Radar :w :confused

Are you referring to the old Cragar S/S wheels? If so, Summit Racing has them. They do have them in 17 x 9. They have great customer service.

Give them a call, and see if they can help out.

Personally, I think the Cragar S/S is a great looking wheel.

The Cragar SS wheels have always been a classic (kind of an oxymoron there). But that doesn't even need to be said. I've not seen a C4 with Cragar SS wheels but I think it would look great. I say if that's what you want, go for it, you only have to please yourself.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check that site out. Yes, the old Crager SS look is what I am after. Torq Thrust has a more modern version of that old-time look but the old Crager SS is exactly what I had in mind.

I'll check that out and report back.

Regards,
Radar :cool

Yes, the old 89 with those classic round taillights! I love the look. I am considering adding a C6 to keep the 89 company, but not for 2 years. That way I'll have two with round taillights.

Nothing on the Cragers yet. I emailed the company but am still hoping for a return response. I may just go with a Torq Thrush wheel if I do not have luck with them. I emailed Torq Thrust, and as with Crager, no response to date. I'll report back when I have some information.

Regards,

Radar :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom