Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

anyone have problems with new tires and the pressure sensors?

yes, might be the only thing I let a Dealership do.
MIGHT

It's nearly time for me to replace my rear tires and I have a set of sensors that need installing.. might take it all up there and see if they have time for me.

Otherwise, I need to go to another part of the south for service. Area tire shops have multi hour waiting lines each day since Katrina struck.

I had Discount Tire install both sets on my 98, the first set I bought were the runflats but when I replaced the rears I went to BFG's non rf's It seems to me that it seems a little jumpie in the corners but will soom need fronts again and will switch to BFG's. The first set went great, the workers were great, first rate job great price could not have been happier. The second set was again from DT but another store. took a week to get out of Detroit (to SD CA)
ok no problem, BUT after dropping car off to have work done, I stood there waiting for 3 to 4 mins for someone to come out of the back to help me only to have that person pick up the ringing phone and proceed to tell his friend on the other end to hurry down and get this "Great Deal" on a set of tires that just came in before anyone else gets them. Well those tires were mine!
That SOB was trying to sell my tires that I waited a week for. after expressing my thoughts with him about how unhappy I would have been if he had sold my tires I left my car with them Big mistake. They called me 2 hrs later at work and I walked back to the store to pick my car up. Got my receipt. and my road hazard warranty I drove away, well almost drove away, I got 1 block and had the sensor warning go off for the left rear sensor. I went back to the store and when I inspected the tire I noticed that They had put a different stem comming thru the rim. I almost went nuts, not only did they break off the sensor, they replaced it and did not tell me that something happened to the sensor. I insisted on talking to the Manager only to hear him say that it broke off while removing the valve, he showed it to me and the stem was bent, yea broke off, looks like it was pryed off. To his credit though he fessed up to being responsible and ordered the sensor. I asked who was going to do the work and he said they could not take my car to a dealer so they would replace it. I asked them if they could program the sensor and he looked at me like i was some idiot. Well back again in 2 hrs and again sensor warning went off within 2 blocks turned around and went back, and this time I kinda lost it blew up at the manager and hes saying "program the sensor?, we dont do that, only Chevy could do that", and tried to tell me just drive into the service dept at Chevy and they will prorgam it for "Free", I have never heard such BS or seen such poor workmanship in my life, needless to say I insisted that they call the dealer and pay them for the programming
which they did. I will go back to DT but not that store but I will NEVER leave my car with them without watching any service they do. Wow I feel better now Thanks

Vette Poor said:
That is mostly a crock of S...
The sensor transmits thru the valve stem ... not the body inside the tire. It uses the keyless entry system in the car. I have Never used the runcraps that come on the car ... sitting in the garage. I also don't use any other runcrap tire. A plug kit and a $25 12V aircompressor fits nicely in the rear compartment.

How may flats do you get anyway? Also, you have roadside service for 3 years ... free.

I use a BfGoodrich g-Force KDW tires and really like them. I have them on all 3 C6's with zero problems. About $850 a set delivered to your house from tirerack.

I watch the tire guy close. When he breaks the bead (assuming he has the proper machine) I have him hold it in and I remove the sensor myself. Then he dismounts the tire. Put new tire on and hold the bead in while I put the sensor back in myself. Don't over torque them either or snap they go.

Not expensive ~ $57 each. Problem is training them .... requires a special tool and only a few dealers have one.
Yea it's $2.50 Horseshoe Magnet But bout any magnet that's strong enough will Do!! :upthumbs junk!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom