Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Apsis splashguards ? anyone have and installed them ?

Killain:

Did you ever get the full Apsis set and install them? I am anxious to see how yours turn out...I am on the fence, ready to buy, but I want to know how they fit and how the installation goes? Thanks for the feedback.

At almost $500.00 a full set, the price is the most over-the-top example of the Corvette tax I've seen in a long time. Bending over is one thing, but that's ridiculous. For that kind of money, they should fly out to install them for you.;LOL

I think I'll pop over to GMpartsdirect after I get back from CruiseFest to check out the "GM" guards. I think their price is within my gag factor.

Killain:

Did you ever get the full Apsis set and install them? I am anxious to see how yours turn out...I am on the fence, ready to buy, but I want to know how they fit and how the installation goes? Thanks for the feedback.

You might want to check out Lewis Five (L5) Splash Guards.
I have them front and rear and really like them.
A lot cheaper than Apsis.

Thanks for the info, I was on L5's site and at $260 for all four, a much more reasonable solution. I am going to check them out.

Apsis splash-guards

Killain:

Well things aren't working out all that great. The owner said to me three weeks ago that he only had a set of rears, and he shipped them, but they were solid material. (Not what I wanted) but said a shipment was due in that week. he said he'd put me on the back order list. So that week went by and no word from Apsis. So I waited for the next week and asked about the current order, and this time I got a email that they had come in and were waiting to clear customs. so I waited for another week, and emailed him, this time all I got back was a email stating "Next Week" so i waited till this week and not hearing anything in my email, I inquired about my shipment.

Now this afternoon once i emailed about my order I was told the mold machine was broke, and won't be fixed, and that he had only hollow, so i asked about them and I opened the box that's been sitting here for three weeks only to find that they were the solid type I didn't want from the get-go. and that all of his stock is sold out so I'm back on the back-ordered list and we were trading emails about the splash-guards till 6PM and I stopped recieving any info, so I guess he split for home. And that's about it. I'm out $197.50, no splash-guards and I'm back on a waiting list but I'm thinking this was a mistake. I'm sending the set of rears guards back tomarrow and I'll see if I can get a refund or mabye he has something else, but this hasn't been a great buying experience so far. Live and learn I guess.

Well things aren't working out all that great. The owner said to me three weeks ago that he only had a set of rears, and he shipped them, but they wee solid material. (Not what I wanted) but said a ship was due in that week. he said he'd put me on the back order list. So that week went by and no word from Apsis. So I waited for the next week and asked about the current order, and this time I got a email that they had come in and were waiting to clear customs. so I waited for another week, and emailed him, this time all I got back was a email stating "Next Week" so i waited till this week and not hearing anything in my email, I inquired about my shipment.

Now this afternoon once i emailed about my order I was told the mold machine was broke, and won't be fixed, and that he had only hollow, so i asked about them and I opened the box that's been sitting here for three weeks only to find that they were the solid type I didn't want from the get-go. and that all of his stock is sold out so I'm back on the back-ordered list and we were trading emails about the splash-guards till 6PM and I stopped recieving any info, so I guess he split for home. And that's about it. I'm out $197.50, no splash-guards and I'm back on a waiting list but I'm thinking this was a mistake. I'm sending the set of rears guards back tomarrow and I'll see if I can get a refund or mabye he has something else, but this hasn't been a great buying experience so far. Live and learn I guess.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and register a complaint. They will remove that charge from your bill.

Elaine

Woa, Killain, wow that is going through the ringer, sorry about all of that. I just spoke with L5 Motorsport today and ther guards went up $10 a pair so a full set is now $280 plus about $20 shipping. I think I am going to try them out...

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and register a complaint. They will remove that charge from your bill.

Elaine

Yes Elaine, my credit card company said to wait and see if he refunds some of my payment to him. :confused

I have to say that a lot of my problem is my and mine alone. I thought I was buying on type of splash-guards and that type is or was being phased out. In the changing period I got very confused and the different types of splash-guards had me totally in a cloud. So for now, I'm stepping away from the splash-guards. But for any of you interested in the very elegant and ZO6 types on a C6 being on your C5 then Apsis is the only way to go. Just because I'm too stupid to being able to slug through the different types make by Apsis shouldn't deter any of you. Call them, they will work with you. I make mistakes, that's about it.

Yes Elaine, my credit card company said to wait and see if he refunds some of my payment to him. :confused

I think you've waited far too long and now with not much hope for anything...splash guards or refund! Push the credit card company for a FULL refund, not partial!!!

Elaine

You might want to check out Lewis Five (L5) Splash Guards.
I have them front and rear and really like them.
A lot cheaper than Apsis.

Ordered a set of L5 Splash Guards this past week, should get them by this coming Friday...we'll see how they look.

Just received the L5 splashguards, there is a problem with the left front fit, it is not useable, looks like they made a mistake trimming from the mold. Waiting to speak with Scott Lewis to discuss how they will resolve and to make sure it is not a mold problem.

Just received the L5 splashguards, there is a problem with the left front fit, it is not useable, looks like they made a mistake trimming from the mold. Waiting to speak with Scott Lewis to discuss how they will resolve and to make sure it is not a mold problem.

Do you ever have and GOOD luck??? :ugh

Follow up, L5 motorsport supplied an undamaged left front spalash guard. Have not installed them yet, hope to this weekend or next.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom