Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are there any ZO6 Owners that Do Not have a Noisy Clutch/Tranny.

Does your '03 ZO6 have a Noisy Clutch/Tranny?

• Yes

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
I purchased my Z06 used w/ 9k miles on it 4 yrs ago and it is still quiet. The only time I hear rattles is when I turn the engine off with the car in neutral and clutch out. Sounds like marbles in a tin can coming from the rear. With clutch in...it is quiet. Service dept told me that this is normal.

Well I know the sound, even though I don't own a Vette. I had a modded LS1 Camaro, and being used to BMW's I was appalled by the noise in the tranny tunnel. Never being one to leave anything stock I took to drastic measures. :crazy

56431729.jpg

56431759.jpg

Took 120 sq. ft of Edead V1se2 and went to town. :W

56431771.jpg

Couple hours later stinking of butyl rubber, to properly lay it you need to use lots of heat; I finally finish and install the interior. Guess what the sound was still their, just no more rattles. I start reading on multiple forums, and find out to truly get to the problem I need foam.

Couple days later I have 15 sq ft of Edead V4 foam
I then go back, not stripping the interior again, and carefully cover the walls of the tranny tunnel. Quick drive later verifies what others have said. Finally I hear the car and not my tranny. I know this isn't a "real" fix of the problem, but for those inclined it may be a good option. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom