Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

assembly lube

baxsom

Corvette
72 454 convertible, 2000 C5 Z51
I was wondering.
i am getting stuff together for a cam swap.
i know you are supposed to coat the cam lobes, distributer gear, and the bottom of the lifters with moly lube.

my buddy gave me the lube that was left from his cam swap. it is the comp cams cca104 assembly lube. it is thick white lithium based. can it be used on the cam lobes or should i just toss it and get something else.
(the stuff that comes with cams is just too thin).

thanks​

I was wondering.
i am getting stuff together for a cam swap.
i know you are supposed to coat the cam lobes, distributer gear, and the bottom of the lifters with moly lube.

my buddy gave me the lube that was left from his cam swap. it is the comp cams cca104 assembly lube. it is thick white lithium based. can it be used on the cam lobes or should i just toss it and get something else.
(the stuff that comes with cams is just too thin).

thanks​
I used the thick red assembly lube that came with the cam. I used it on everything during my build. Even though you have to change the oil after breakin, I also used a good oil high in ZDP.

i have read many many times that the red stuff that comes with the cams runs off the lobes if you wait more than a day or so before you fire the engine up.
i even read that a comp cams tech recommended the crane paste for cam lobes.

guess to be safe i will go ahead and buy the crane moly paste for the cam lobes and use the white lithium for the rocker arms.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom