Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Average value of LT4

1996 LT4 Topic
Hi Larry,

The best I can do at the moment is list a few websites that have varying samples of LT4s. There are market reports that appear in Corvette magazines occasionally. I don’t have that info handy a the moment (Corvette Magazine had the C4 listing not too long ago).

Rogers in Orlando, FL seems to have low mile cars for sale. Higher priced, but nice samples.
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/showroom.php

This site has samples from across the country.
http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/

Forum Moderator GS Diva has two GS’s listed here.
http://corvettemikenewengland.com/

I’d estimate that a LT4 coupe in very good condition, unmodified with documentation can run anywhere from 16-20k. If it needs new tires, you would need to adjust accordingly. The overall car can be in good condition, but if it were to need new shoes, you’d have to adjust accordingly, say approximately down $800.00 to $1,000.00. Verts will cost more, maybe an additional $3,000.00 or so. I’m no expert, it takes detective work to see what the average is and what is fair.

Many Corvettes are not driven as daily drivers. The LT4 is now 11 years old. If it was driven 12k miles a year, it’d have 132k miles on it, average condition may be relative.

I’m hoping GMJunkie and GS Diva see this thread, they will be able to give you the pulse on LT4s in the market place.

B17Crew
:w

I’m hoping GMJunkie and GS Diva see this thread, they will be able to give you the pulse on LT4s in the market place.

B17Crew
Well it's hard to say with out Looking at it,But ALL Nice,Nice Low miles (40,000 - 80,000 miles) C4's are bringing Big Bucks $$$$ at the Manheim and Adessa Auctions around here NC,SC,Va,Fla,Ga,and Texas!! I've not been able to buy any Nice,Nice C4's for months Now!!!!!! I did last October run a Nice,Nice 1 owner Red LT 4 car W/65,000 miles thou the Statesville Manheim (Brought $18,920. after sale fee's)I let them Drop the Gavel on it because I was certain it had a Problem and I couldn't find it!!!Because my wife could leave me in the dust, But Now I think My 03 Z-51 is Just a Freak!!:boogie I guess we'll see when I get this 02 Z06 on the road!!!!:upthumbs But Nice Car's aren't Cheep,And Cheep car's aren't Nice!!!!:upthumbs

Hi Larry,

The best I can do at the moment is list a few websites that have varying samples of LT4s. There are market reports that appear in Corvette magazines occasionally. I don’t have that info handy a the moment (Corvette Magazine had the C4 listing not too long ago).

Rogers in Orlando, FL seems to have low mile cars for sale. Higher priced, but nice samples.
http://www.rogerscorvette.com/showroom.php

This site has samples from across the country.
http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/

Forum Moderator GS Diva has two GS’s listed here.
http://corvettemikenewengland.com/

I’d estimate that a LT4 coupe in very good condition, unmodified with documentation can run anywhere from 16-20k. If it needs new tires, you would need to adjust accordingly. The overall car can be in good condition, but if it were to need new shoes, you’d have to adjust accordingly, say approximately down $800.00 to $1,000.00. Verts will cost more, maybe an additional $3,000.00 or so. I’m no expert, it takes detective work to see what the average is and what is fair.

Many Corvettes are not driven as daily drivers. The LT4 is now 11 years old. If it was driven 12k miles a year, it’d have 132k miles on it, average condition may be relative.

B17Crew

You're right...the convertible will always bring more than the coupe, and any special edition LT4's (Grand Sport and Collector Edition) will be even higher, especially if in pristine condition.

Larry, are you looking at any one LT4 in particular? If so, tell me about it. Maybe I can give you a specific range, based on that info.

Elaine

LT4 prices

B 17, GM Junkie, Elaine thanks for the reply. I am having a hard time pulling the trigger, on my purchase of a vette. I am leaning towards ZR-1s, but when I bought my 1966 coupe new I knew I made a mistake not waiting for the 1967. GM said the 1966 was the last model. It is much more cleaned up compared to the 1966. I have the same problem with the ZR-1s to the LT-4, as I no the LT-4 is the last year of the C-4. I know that the LT-4 has a great engine. Elaine I would be looking for a coupe in anything but red and white, but what ever car I do purchase, this will be my last one. My previous vettes were, 1962 340hp, 1966 Dark Blue 350 hp factory knock offs, and 1978 L-82 Black. I will want a nice car as I am a gear head. Thanks Larry (young at 71)

You’re welcome Larry!

Before I forget, welcome to the :CAC.

You’ve had some pretty impressive iron, the cars you mentioned sound like the prefect dream garage.

B17Crew

I'm just gald I found my Collecter Edition LT4 Convertible when I did. Just an awesome car.

I called on this Black LT4 that’s at a local dealer. They’re asking $19,500. It looks as if this is a base model LT4.
You will have to scroll down, the car I’m referring to is near the bottom.

http://www.diamondlot.com/bobmcdormanchev/corvette/

B17Crew

I stand corrected, they are listing the LT4 at $21,993, not $19,500. It’s an odd increment, why just not list it at $21,999?

B17Crew

I paid $21,350.00 2 years ago it had 32K miles.Now has 37K.

I believe I could get over 20,000.00 for her.

I’m a little surprised at how few LT4s I’ve seen for sale in my area, at least at local dealers. You can find them on the internet at lighting speed, but when it comes time to see one up close and personal, they all seem to be three states away.

B17Crew

I stand corrected, they are listing the LT4 at $21,993, not $19,500. It’s an odd increment, why just not list it at $21,999?

B17Crew

That's what the Dealer was asking for mine 2 years ago.I got it for $21,350.00 with 33K Mi.

I have one I would sell. It's red though. I have not been really serious about it but planned on starting at 18K based on what research I've done. About 53K miles, excellent running condition. Paint has rock chips. Excellent interior. Two tops. Needs new front tires soon. Rears are recent. Just picked up a star in the windshield from a rock. That happened last weekend. I can get the windshield replaced for $100 deductible. I'm looking for a place I can trust in the Houston area. Garaged, cared for, stock - a good specimen of an LT4. I believe I'm the 3rd owner and only put about 2500mi/yr on it.

Fuel rail cover signed by Chevy's 2007 C6R race team (all but Max Papis - he was not in Houston last weekend).

PM if interested. Everything on the up and up. Just a guy thinking about selling her. You can check my posts for the last several years to see what I've been doing to take care of it.

Chetzki
Lake Jackson, TX (is that 3 states away?? :L

I paid 18k for mine with 23,000 miles. Very nice BUT mods(hotcam, headers, gears etc). This would have really narrowed the market for the seller but was worth more to me so I consider it a huge score. Bought out of Autotrader. Corvetteforum.com has a nice for sale section and is a great place to get a modded car for a fair price. The clean original cars, not so many deals:)

I've decided to sell mine. I bought it new, it's white with a grey sport seat interior, LT4, stored winters, no rain (garage queen) has only 11,222 miles on it. I have all documentation, even plastic covers that were on the seats. Not a mark on it. Non smoker of course. I'm asking $24,000 located in Bucks County, PA.
Larry D
dgs@fast.net

the LT4 option is adding around $2000-2500 to resale prices. I just purchased a 1996 Collector Coupe LT4. I expect it to be one of few C4 models that will climb in value in the coming years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom