Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2017 Coverage

It could be cash flow. I haven't heard anything about that but I seem to recall reading a while back that he wanted too make some changes in the museum but I don't remember where. It could be that he just wanted to freshen up the collection with something new. Those race cars weren't worth that much and took up a lot of space for something that you aren't playing with. CERV 1 was a different story. When you have something very special like that for a lot of years it starts to show wear, even though it's in a museum. So what do you do? You could spend several hundred grand restoring the restoration to make it a top quality car again (that you can't do anything with other than display) or you can sell it while it is still presentable for top dollar and move on to something else.

It's anybody's guess at this point. We will have to wait for something to break or see if there is a change in the museum.

Tom

Thursday Corvettes

Lot# 750.3 Starting off Thursday with a white 1962. It has an aluminum intake and 340 decals on the valve covers but a 300 horse tach. Without checking the numbers who knows which way it was born. It brought a decent price at $52,800.

201808_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot#771

There were 150 cars in the sale from the Charlie Thomas collection and this 1971 LT1 was one of them. This was an absolutely gorgeous car that hammered for $56,100.

199624_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 783.1

This is the first ZR1 built in 2010. Serial number 00001 only has 4239 miles on it and is a real piece of Corvette history. It sold for $88,000. which seems about right for a used ZR1. I guess you get the ser#00001 provenance for free.

202286_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 789

This early 1959 was sporting both tops and the 270 horse dual quad engine with a 4 speed. Hammer price was 52,800.

201825_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 796.1

A code 978 Laguna Blue coupe with a 425 horse 427 was a very original and correct car. The hammer fell at $75,900.

201618_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

A Big brake 1957 Fuelie with all the correct parts Sold for $73,700.

202111_Misc_223e244f-5828-43ca-af5b-c6d470833422_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 813

This 327/300 Powerglide car looks so right that it makes you wonder why they didn't offer yellow in 1963. it needed some fiberglass repair and paint work but the color change didn't seem to hurt the sale price much, if at all, bringing $50,600. at the hammer.

201833_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo.

Lot# 813.1

Panama Yellow is probably my favorite 1958 color. This one is a RPO 469B 283/245 horse with a Powerglide. A very nice, quality restoration that brought $72,600.

200986_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo
200986_Engine_Web.jpg

Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 822

Now here is a really special 1962. I remember one exactly like this on my local Chevy lot back in 1962. I lusted after that car and it was a sad day when the guy that ordered it picked it up and I never saw it again. it sold for $154,000. Here is what Barrett-Jackson had to say about it.

202001_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot #822 - Largely unrestored and authentically preserved, this highly documented and highly awarded Corvette was purchased from the prestigious Chip Miller Collection in 2012. With 36,805 original miles, it features its original 327/340hp engine, original 4-speed manual transmission and its original metallic brakes. Finished in largely unrestored original Honduras Maroon paint, it retains its original unrestored black interior, original unrestored auxiliary hardtop and original unrestored black soft-top. Many significant original details include its 0riginal no-hit fiberglass, no-hit preserved frame, original trim, glass, weatherstripping, engine-bay blackout, hood margins and door jambs. Other original details include bumpers, wheel covers, wiper arms, air cleaner, shielding, oil fill cap, master cylinder cap, oil dipstick and fuel cap, trunk mat, spare tire board, original non-DOT spare tire and non-DOT T-3 headlights. Extensive original documentation includes customer order, dealer order, shipper, Window Sticker, receipt for deposit, dealer receipts, letter from dealer at delivery, owner protection plan, original keys, owner's guide, Delco battery warranty, radio instructions, clock instructions, license attaching hardware packet, Chevrolet packet including pin, jacket patch, and identification card, owner invitation letter to join Corvette Club of Baltimore, copies of all original titles documenting complete ownership chain, receipts from day one for repairs and service, original oil-change sticker and NCRS document validation confirmation. Awards include five NCRS Top Flight certifications, NCRS Performance verification, Bloomington Gold certification, 2013 Bloomington Gold Great Hall inductee. All Awards included: NCRS certificates, ribbons, Bloomington Gold certificate, Bloomington Gold Great Hall Award and includes Great Hall Program/sign boards. With a production date of July 10, 1962, it was ordered and delivered new to The Park Circle Motor Car Company in Baltimore, MD, per the official NCRS/GM Shipping Data Records. It also includes NCRS award confirmation letter. Complete ownership title chain including longtime ownership (1998-2012) by the prestigious Chip Miller Collection.

Lot# 825.1

This 1959 was a nicely done custom without going over the top like so many restomods. One odd thing about it was how high it sat which I noticed right off when I walked up to it. It's altitude didn't seem to bother the bidders as it brought $165,000.

201686_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 837

This 1967 was upgraded to a 427. Even though, under the hood it looked very correct to 390 horse specs, it had an impressive list of performance mods done to the engine. It should make the winning bidder a nice cruiser for $56,100.

200941_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 850.2

Now here is an interesting car. This 2004 is the very last C5 Z06 built and was a NCM givaway car. Sold quite well at $73,700.

201471_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 861

This 1961 was a cool period correct street cruiser. It had a Tune Port FI on the ZZ4 crate engine and an automatic. I spotted the candy stripe roll and pleated interior from across the tent. This car sure takes you back to the early '60s. I approve!

200898_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Barrett-Jackson photos

200898_Interior_Web.jpg

Lot# 863

Now here's a nice weekend driver. This 1963 presented very well but under the hood looked to be all original and never restored. It appeared to be an original 340 horse but the original aluminum intake, carb and air filter where gone. I'd say drive it as is and enjoy it. The hammer fell at $56,100.

201834_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Lot# 865

The last Corvette for Thursday also was the last car for the night. It was a nicely done, if not totally correct restoration of a 1965 300 horse convertible, red in and out. Some liberties were taken with the addition of a big block hood, base coat/clear coat paint, custom steering wheel and I would suspect that the side pipes and knock offs were added too. It was one sweet car and brought the money at $70,400.

200761_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

​Barrett-Jackson photo

Wasn't that 04 Z06 owned by Mike Yager too? Seems like he had the Last C4 LT4 and the last C5 Z06.

Yes it was. I just looked at the Mid America site and went through the museum cars and it was there. Mike still has a bunch of amazing cars.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom