Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Battery replacement 2008 C-6

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
Seeking advice on a battery replacement for my 2008 C-6 LS-3. I have heard alot about the Optima ,Odyssey (now also sold at Sears under the name of Platimum). I as thinking along the line of getting this type of battery (AGM) as all of these are to the best of my knowledge. I want a sealed top with at least 700 plus CCA's and 100 plus reserve. I am asking for any advice from my fellow forum members who may have purchased or have knowledge of other batteries I should consider.
Thanks

Seeking advice on a battery replacement for my 2008 C-6 LS-3. I have heard alot about the Optima ,Odyssey (now also sold at Sears under the name of Platimum). I as thinking along the line of getting this type of battery (AGM) as all of these are to the best of my knowledge. I want a sealed top with at least 700 plus CCA's and 100 plus reserve. I am asking for any advice from my fellow forum members who may have purchased or have knowledge of other batteries I should consider.
Thanks
Went to Sears today and they do not even have a listing for the Platimum 4 year AGM replacement type for the C-6 6.2L. It seems our 2008 tray will take a Group 34R Diehard Advanced Gold AGM series. It has a 3 year replacement that is even better in that it supplies 775 CCA's & 125 Reserve Capacity and everything fits just fine. Holdown and all. If you are interested be sure to get the 34R model as this will put the negative post on the right. FYI Odyssey makes comparable battery that is even more ruggedized. I read that they supply Sears with their high end AGM batteries.

Sounds like a good choice. The factory spec battery is a little marginal for the Vette (in my opinion), especially in temperature extremes. Little more power is a good thing.

Had a new AC Delco put in my 08' from my dealer - 152.65

I have Odyssey batteries in three of our four Vettes and in two of three DDs. They are, without a doubt, the best battery on the market as far as reliability and service life. They also are more tolerant of deep cycles and most of the automotive batteries on the market. Lastly they have pretty amazing pluse cranking amp ratings.

I switched to Odysseys about eight years ago after becoming disenchanted with the Optima brand.

Odysseys are very expensive, but their performance, their service life and the no-prorate limited warranty is their attraction.

Odyssey info

I have Odyssey batteries in three of our four Vettes and in two of three DDs. They are, without a doubt, the best battery on the market as far as reliability and service life. They also are more tolerant of deep cycles and most of the automotive batteries on the market. Lastly they have pretty amazing pluse cranking amp ratings.

I switched to Odysseys about eight years ago after becoming disenchanted with the Optima brand.

Odysseys are very expensive, but their performance, their service life and the no-prorate limited warranty is their attraction.
I went and checked on a Odyssey group 34R PC1500T today. 880 CCA, 135 RC and it is deep cycle to a degree. AGM and a 4 year no-prorate replacement. Albeit at approx $300 it should be a good one. I have researched and found nothing negative but the price and weight. It is approx an inch longer but it fits nicely in my current battery tray. Although the C-6 2008 spec calls for a smaller group 85 series that is shorter and less performing I am going to get the Odyssey. My only worry is my alternator. Can It handle the rate of charge on demand? Any advice would be appreciated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom