Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Vendor for Front Springs

4WDVETTE

Corvette
1966 Coupe
I know there has been specific discussion regarding which vendor has the best spring to return the front end back to correct ride hight. My search didn't prove very helpful. My front springs seem to have given up the ghost overnight dropping the nose almost 1 full inch. And how did I find this out you might ask - when my left front tire tore off part of the wheel well lip! Fortunately it didn't do too much damage but, will require some fiberglass work and paint. All below the body line. So, who has the best springs?

Steve

Back to the top!

OK all you returning Carlise vetrans, now that you are no longer hung over and can clear out the cobwebbs, help me out. Need a reliable vendor for front springs. Need the springs to return the car to normal ride height. Thanks.

Steve

I dont have a suggestion of where to get the springs from

but

Are you sure it is a failed spring as I never seen one just give up the ghost overnight unless it cracked

I know there has been specific discussion regarding which vendor has the best spring to return the front end back to correct ride hight. My search didn't prove very helpful. My front springs seem to have given up the ghost overnight dropping the nose almost 1 full inch. And how did I find this out you might ask - when my left front tire tore off part of the wheel well lip! Fortunately it didn't do too much damage but, will require some fiberglass work and paint. All below the body line. So, who has the best springs?

Steve
contact kustom enterprises 724-468-1140 tony has the springs made to his specs and they are correct

IH2LOSE - no - not really sure. The spring is basically what holds up the front end so, my assumption is that should be the source of the problem. No guarantee though. I purchased the springs as a complete suspension kit from Vette Brakes some 10 to 15 years ago, although I have only put about 1,000 miles on it at this point.

Motorman - thanks for the source. I will check it out. By the way, did you ever do any NASCAR Sportsman division inspections when that series was in business? I used to run a car at Charlotte and Pocono, couple of different drivers. Also, used to pit for Doug French in the Modified division.

Steve

Back to the top again!! Come on - nobody else wants to chime in for a vendor?

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom