Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blew a radiator hose

captainrags

Corvette
1996 red coupe lt4 manual 6 speed
C4 LT4 96 6 speed.
Blew a hose actualy had a spare in the car replaced it and drove on. 4 days later car developes a hard to start condition some times will start and run however when at idle not all cylinders with RPM increased seems ok. and drove fine now wont start have opened all connectors and blew with air but no improvement. code 100,300 and as always i have a 0441.
any help would be apreciated.
What scan tool is compatable with csm statements? ;help

Not much. I do know that some time back i broke part of the coil wire insert from the distribotor and have always suspected that fitting. Radiator water would have gone into that area after the leak. I blew that area out as well but with no change maybe i should install a new distribotor cap??
I have also just installed a new carbon canister and will replave the solinoid next to it to day.

what do you know about the OptiSpark......?

Did you clean the connector on top of the opti

Copy of OPTI connector 004.jpg

Attachments

• Copy of OPTI connector 002.jpg
    Copy of OPTI connector 002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 71
Cleaned and blew them all out no improvement...
Today i decided to replace the distributor cap as one of the contacts (coil) isdamaged from past work.
My next issue is removing the harmonic balancer the manual doesn’t make sense,it is held on to the yoke on the crankshaft, after removing the three bolts itis impossible to remove the pulley mentioned in csm is 39046 cant make it outas what it is i have a normal 3/4 place puller then i would have to remove yokeand balancer together and room is very tight without removing steering. I don’tthink its possible to remove distributor without taking off the pulley. I have all other parts removed wp, tensioner,
hoses etc. Any help is definitely appreciated

:confused :confused :confused
;help
;help;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom