Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 jacking points/jack stand locations

In the rear, I use the previously-listed "Jack-a-Vette" tool. My understanding is that the "Jack-a-Vette" is no longer made. All it is is a "T" of welded steel plate. You turn it upside down, place the leg of the tee between the exhaust pipes and lift the bottom of the diff housing.

Hi all,

This is how I do it.

1. In the front, I first use my floor jack under the front crossmember, diagonally from behind the wheel to lift the car up and place the front wheels on special wooden blocks.

2. In the rear I'm using this, The Corvette GadgetMan: All
I jack the car up to full height using my jackstands with wooden pieces, I found a good place to put the jackstands on, right in front of the rear wheels, where different parts of the frame are welded together. Just be a little careful on the right side where the fuel lines are close.

3. Now when the rear is raised, I move to the front, and with the wooden blocks used in step 1, I can now put my floor jack in from the front of the car under the front crossmember, and lift he front up to full height, putting the jackstand with wooden pieces under the skid bars, just next to the front crossmember.

By the way, I always use protecting rubber on the floor jack.

I don't like lifting one side at the time, because the tension it creates on the body and the risk of getting cracks in the body of the car.

Save The Wave, and wishing you all at :CAC a happy new year.

From a Winter Wonderland.

Sweabe.

The floor jacking procedure in the above article differs from what I posted previously bit either way of lifting the car with a floor jack would work.

The positioning of the jack stands discussed in the article is about the same as what I described in my post to this thread. Seeing it in pictures is always better than just text.

I suggest that the OP take a look at that article.

Lastly, the "C4 EX-Jack-Adapter Device" discussed by web page at http://www.corvettegadgetman.com/products3.html is a product similar to the discontinued "Jack-a-Vette" tool I have in my shop. Someone looking for a tool with which they can lift the rear of a C4 should consider it.

Of course, one picture says more than 1000 words. I just did not have any pictures available when posting to this tread.
I will post pictures the next time I raise the car.

Mine is a convertible, and by that the rear jack stands position may differ from that in the article. (X-brace)

//Sweabe

As promised, pictures added, in cronological order.

1. In the front, I first use my floor jack under the front crossmember, diagonally from behind the wheel to lift the car up and place the front wheels on special wooden blocks.

2. In the rear I'm using this, The Corvette GadgetMan: All
I jack the car up to full height using my jackstands with wooden pieces, I found a good place to put the jackstands on, right in front of the rear wheels, where different parts of the frame are welded together. Just be a little careful on the right side where the fuel lines are close.

3. Now when the rear is raised, I move to the front, and with the wooden blocks used in step 1, I can now put my floor jack in from the front of the car under the front crossmember, and lift he front up to full height, putting the jackstand with wooden pieces where the skid bars are connected to the front crossmember.

Attachments

• P1160332.jpg
    P1160332.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 135
  • P1160336.jpg
    P1160336.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 118
  • P1160333.jpg
    P1160333.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 127
  • P1160334.jpg
    P1160334.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 126
  • P1160340.jpg
    P1160340.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 121
  • P1160339.jpg
    P1160339.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 129
  • P1160342.jpg
    P1160342.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 126
  • P1160337.jpg
    P1160337.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 121
Web page

Just a FYI, tried the link to the 'jack a ZR1' and it does not work for me. I'd be interested in the info there.

FYI, tried the link to the 'jack a ZR1' and it does not work for me. I'd be interested in the info there.
Nor for me, now. It did a few days ago, while the other in the post above worked.:w

I am curious where they sell hockey pucks in Georgia! :beer :L

I have jacked up my lowered car in various ways, including top on and off, for 20+ years and have cracked neither the 'glass top' nor any body panels. Currently, I start the process with a cheapo, low height jack, on the frame flange behind the front tires, then finish with the job with a big-'un jack on another frame section. At times this is a lengthy, stepwise process, especially if I need to get under it for any serious work.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom