Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"C4 owner's it's our turn"

Is 3% enough

• yes

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • no

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters
R

ROCKYQ

To all C4 owners our cars are increasing at 3% each year and climbing. So if you own one don't let it go of it if you don't have too. This a vette that you can get at a reasonable price now and will bring great value in the future. so take care of your investment.

:) Save the wave

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if that is true, but I'm not planning on selling anytime soon anyway.

I think most Corvettes if taken care of will eventually enjoy the appreciation curve. Some will bring more dollars than others down the road, but when it comes down to it, a unmolested original Corvette will always fair well in my humble opinion.

They are an American icon with a large, loyal following with impressive aftermarket support. With the introduction of the C6, we are now two generations from the current car, it’s starting to make me feel nostalgic everytime I look at my C4.

Not sure what the percentage rate of appreciation is at this time, but if 3% is the average, I’m a happy camper! Long term goal with mine is a nice NCRS plaque. They are judging the 91’s, so it won’t be long till I am able to have the judges pour over it.

Welcome to the :CAC ROCKYQ.
B17Crew
:w

And here I am with 1 of 683 MQBM Vettes produced in '93. Third rarest exterior for that year--coming in behind Dark Metallic Red (325) and Competition Yellow (517). Of the 21,590 Vettes born in that production year, there were 15,898 coupes. I'm #119195. :w Still not selling though... :D

THANK YOU B17CREW AND TO THE REST OF THE MEMBERS I AM HAPPY TO BE HERE AND THANKS FOR VIEWING MY THREAD. MY 86 C4 IS MY PRIDE AND JOY IN JAN.2007 IT WILL BE AN ANTIQUE SINCE THE NEW CHANGE.
THANKS ROCKYQ
C/O CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
ANNAPOLIS MD.

You’re welcome, ROCKYQ!

I remember 1986 like it was yesterday, I’m becoming an antique too. :L

I had a Yellow ’86 auto coupe, it was my first Corvette. 86’s are fine cars. I remember how well it would handle and getting used to the ABS.

B17Crew

To all C4 owners our cars are increasing at 3% each year and climbing. So if you own one don't let it go of it if you don't have too. This a vette that you can get at a reasonable price now and will bring great value in the future. so take care of your investment.

I love the C5's but there will always be a place in my heart for the C4...................as well as a parking spot in my garage along side the C5. :w

what is the basis for your 3% premise? Is this just an opinion? C4's are 'a dime a dozen' and I doubt there is any factual information that supports their appreciation at this point in time. (mine is staying at my hose regardless..)

maybe i should keep mine

i have a 1992 triple white, 1 of 709 built with sport seats!!!!

ANY appreciation is enough - we're talking about an automobile, after all.

what is the basis for your 3% premise? Is this just an opinion? C4's are 'a dime a dozen' and I doubt there is any factual information that supports their appreciation at this point in time. (mine is staying at my hose regardless..)

I think ROCKYQ is referring to the recent C4 pricing report in Corvette Magazine. I’m at work at the moment so I can’t quote the article and it’s specifics. When I get home tonight, I’ll post the info that supports his post.

B17Crew

Not selling it, ever! If I want one, I'll buy another :)

corvette magazine

Here is one of the magazines not much info. on the cover. I will do my best to get more info. posted.
http://www.corvette-mag.com

C/O ROCKYQ
CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB
ANNAPOLIS MD.

OK, finally have the issue in front of me... and it’s nice to finally be home.

Corvette Magazine does a market report on all generations of Corvettes. September 2006 Volume 27 focused on Sting Rays, December 2006 Volume 29 focuses on the C4.

Pages 57-62 have the Corvette Market Report, Generation Four. Nick Pon and Bob Kroupa are the authors. I’m not going to type out all of the info, there is just way too much content to do so. What I can tell you is that they track prices over a year to see if they are going up, holding steady or tanking. The values are calculated by A&B Investments, publishers of The Vette-N-Vestment Corvette Price Guide.

Four conditions are presented with appropriate pricing for each condition. The four conditions are: Show-Ready, Good, Average, Needs TLC.

When looking at the column that has the One-Year Change, 3% is listed multiple times, seven to be exact. The highest percentage of increase for several C4s is 5%. There are only six negative percentages, not bad.

They break it down for each Corvette model, ie. Coupe, Roadster, Collectors Edition Coupe/Convertible, Grand Sport, etc.

Is this a bible for Corvette pricing? May be, may be not, but the price guide is published in a respectable magazine with proven, reliable writers. It’s a good place to start educating ones self if they are in the market to either buy or sell a Corvette. You have to start to gather your info somewhere no matter what side of the title signing you are on.

There is much more to the Corvette Market Report than I have posted here. When the December issue hits your favorite news stands, pick up an issue, peruse it, and see what you think.

B17Crew

THANKS

THANK YOU B17 CREW FOR POSTING THAT INFO. I WAS WORKING MY SHIFT YESTERDAY SO THE LINK WAS THE ONLY INFO. I COULD PULL UP TO POST. LIKE THEY SAY WHEN IT COMES TO A CAR ANY % INCREASE IS AWSOME.
"INVEST IN A VETTE" THE ONLY FUN STOCK YOU WILL OWN. "SAVE THE WAVE"

C/O ROCKYQ
ANNAPOLIS MD.

If they are looking at the past year, all V8s went down in "perceived" value, because of the gas prices. I'm good with any increase, because that basically means my car is worth more than I paid for it. Unlike my wife's car that went down 30% the moment we drove it off the lot.

THANK YOU B17 CREW FOR POSTING THAT INFO. I WAS WORKING MY SHIFT YESTERDAY SO THE LINK WAS THE ONLY INFO. I COULD PULL UP TO POST. LIKE THEY SAY WHEN IT COMES TO A CAR ANY % INCREASE IS AWSOME.
"INVEST IN A VETTE" THE ONLY FUN STOCK YOU WILL OWN. "SAVE THE WAVE"

C/O ROCKYQ
ANNAPOLIS MD.

You’re welcome. I know it can be hard to visit the CAC during business hours. Helps clear my head when I do though!... That’s what I’m going to have to tell my boss when I finally get caught one day. :ugh

B17Crew

That’s what I’m going to have to tell my boss when I finally get caught one day. :ugh

B17Crew
:w[/quote]

Let us know if that works for you. ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom