Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4 vs C5 performance

Well, let's see... the C4 has Opti-Spark, a transmission hump bigger than the C5's arse, shakes more than my Fiat 124 Spider that I had, no trunk space in the C4 convertible (compared to my C5 convertible), crummy power seat design (stripped gears - all the time) and more I cannot think of. BUT - I still love both of them!

CG
Not to mention the C4's digital dash problems, and that the rears looked terrible until they rounded them in 91. I have had C3's,4's,and 5, each one has their quirks and the timeless things we love about them. Thank God they are all Corvettes and not Mustinks like so many other peole have.

HEY - Let's wake this one up: C5's Rule!

tiger-shark-corvette-bodykit-01.jpg

Here We Go Again

The guys that still think the C4's were better than the C5's should take a little time and read
"All Corvettes Are Red" by James Schefter.;)
Remo:cool

2709832240103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

I said it before and will say it again...thay are all corvettes, all special in their own way. When I had my C3 in 1980 I thought it was the best and baddest car I ever owned, then came my C4 and I loved it, now I think my C5 is awesome, but I would like a C6 Z06... :cool

The guys that still think the C4's were better than the C5's should take a little time and read
"All Corvettes Are Red" by James Schefter.;)

2709832240103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

I second that. Mind you, I'm still happily driving my old C3. Perhaps those who like C4s should buy them and enjoy them... and those who like C5s should buy them and enjoy them... (see a pattern here?)

-Mac

I second that. Mind you, I'm still happily driving my old C3. Perhaps those who like C4s should buy them and enjoy them... and those who like C5s should buy them and enjoy them... (see a pattern here?)

-Mac
I've "NEVER" Driven a Corvette I didn't Like!~!!
:D
Every generation is unique .........................:lou:lou:lou
:beer

I will have a C5 Z06 in the very near future. Until than, my C4 is the best car for me. First of all, it currently is parked in the garage, secondly, right now it's what I can afford.

Well put by everyone, seems everyone is on the same page. Almost makes bringing back this thread silly.:D

Every Vette of every generation is going to have different performance numbers, but their all fun to drive.

Enjoy what you've got and dream about what you want. When what you dream becomes what you have, you'll dream about the next one.

Their all fun.

I've "NEVER" Driven a Corvette I didn't Like!~!!
:D
Every generation is unique .........................:lou:lou:lou
:beer

I take it the new avatar picture is your yard, Junkie?

-Mac

Well . . . .you have a point there :D

but "" The C4 looks a lot better."" puh-leeeeeeze ? what planet are you from ?:rotfl

Not only that,Any c3 looks a lot better then the c4s

A friend of mine owns a 2000 and compared to my '84, there's no comparison. That baby is technologically light years away and ahead of the C4....

But there's still nothing like the C4 in it's time.:beer

I'm A C5 Guy Through & Through

But these C4's were very bad ass 13 second rides
and I loved them.

corp_0512_1_z+1996_chevrolet_corvette_grand_sport+overhead_view.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any records set be a C5 ;)

68901.jpg

I said it before and will say it again...thay are all corvettes, all special in their own way...

Every Vette of every generation is going to have different performance numbers, but their all fun to drive...

Concur 100%! I have a buddy who owns a mid-year C2 (1966 convertible with a 427/4-speed). It's a very well-maintained "driver" with a few minor performance tweaks, and he's turned the keys over to me on occasion.

In a straight line, I'm convinced his C2 would beat my C5; in a turning dual, my C5 would run away from his C2. Regardless, I was still grinning from ear to ear while driving it. But the coolness factor of driving a classic Corvette was enough to ensure that! :thumb

Geez

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any records set be a C5 ;)

Bill...does IMSA gt2 Racing ring any bells with you?
corvette-c6r-30opt.jpg

u can git wit dis or u can git wit dat,I git wit c5 cause dis is were its at!:chuckle

I've owned three different generations of Corvettes (C2, C4 &C5), I've loved them all (even generations I haven't owned), but as the cars get newer, the performance and creature comforts increase. They had better, or the breed would have disappeared. It is the price of technology and engineering. As I've said before, Corvette has nearly always been the pinnacle of American automotive development, which would make it the best America could offer....at the time. Comparing C4 to C5 performance is like comparing apples and oranges.

Hmmm

Comparing C4 to C5 performance is like comparing apples and oranges.

Well what do you like better....apples or oranges?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom