Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4's price's dropping!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blue: To me I think that for a person that wants to get into a vette the C4 has alot to offer. Lettes say that you pick up a 94....95 Lt1 for 15 to 17k and run it for two or three years and at that time you can only get say 8 to 10k out of it. now lettes put down 50k for that new C6 and run for two or three years. it will cost 20k give or take a bit to have enjoyed the C6. take taxes and Insurance in to consederation and the C4 for at least some of us starts looking real atractive. I like driving my C4 and it is nice for long trips,it gets good milage and tires and up keep havent been bad at all. run flats (tires) for a C5 I hear run about 2400.00 a pop ? ran my 91 down to Hot Aug. Nights in Reno Nav. this summer, Up to Taho and over to Sac. whenever I stoped for fuel or food or what ever folks would ask about my vette, how fast, nice color, what kind of milage you name it. now I'm sure you would get that with the C6 but my point is that the C4s have not lost it. of all the vettes I run into on the road I run into more C4s than all the rest combined. seeing less and less C3s all the time. so I say its eazey to get tied up in the monatary aspect of having a vette but if you have a nice well kept one of aney year you will get coments and be proud you have one. so what ever getes you in the door will work but don't over look the C4s because the are starting to bottom out price wise, they are dam fun cars to have ask aney one who has one.

What's this thing about value??? I haven't made a dime on my 401k in three years...yet I have been throwing money at it hand over fist! (lol) The only beloved distraction I have are my toys. As that goes, neither will be seen in the car magazines (although the 70 SS could have a shot) so I have never looked at these things as having investment value whatsoever...just the fun value!

That being said, I own a C3 and absolutely love the C4's...after all, it is a Vette isn't it!! I have been trying to read all the C4 postings so that I can to sort out which one I am going to get when I sell the 70 SS. I certainly don't want to anger the C4 crowd but when the prices go down it does get a lot more new Vette lovers able to keep these cars going.

I just bought my c4 this summer. I didn't buy it as an investment but I did consider that it would lose value at a much slower rate than almost any other driver I could buy. Last used car I owned dropped over 5k in 2 1/2 yrs:( I figured at that rate even if the c4 drops in value it wouldn't be anything like that. And 401k, better off with whole life insurance at this point. Mine has been doing better than my 401k.:D

I don't care how low C4 prices drop - no one's gettin' mine cheap! :L

Sounds good to me!

That's right if somebody wants my C4 they will have to drag me from it screaming, or pay my price.

If it wasn't for the C4's being so reasonably priced I would be Vetteless. I wanted a mid 70's shark but was swindled out of half my Vette money. I was fortunate that with the money I had left i was able to pick up my 84 with 79k on it and I am so enjoying this car. Got it in Oct 02 and it has over 88k on it now and runs like a scalded dog.

:beer

I'd sell my 96.. but as stated before, for a fair price.

My 87 was my first car, not to mention my first vette. I higly doubt that I will be getting rid of it. We all just have to work a little harder to afford a second a third vette:D .

Justin

I had a 1981 'vette when the C4's came out--the C4's interior just blew me away at the time! It wasn't until 2004 that I drove one for the first time (a 1993), wow! I definitly plan on purchasing a C4 in the near future to keep my '77 company. And, its got to be a 1984 model; that's what made the greatest impression on me. I also learned my lesson on C3's, this time I'm going to spend top dollar and get the nicest one I can find. Then the prices can go sky high...

33681_p_A006F304-2B3D-897A-2AD6A2A8D4203953.jpg

I love my C-4, even though right now she is covered and in my garage awaiting a transmission swap out. I know that she will not hold her value because I am not keeping her "original" but, she is worth the investment. Just being a owner and having the looks that people give as you pass by them or waving at other vette owners is priceless.

I see the boat!! :L

By the way, y'all know about the "little man in the boat" right? ;LOL

Photovette, It is nice to see another Vette afficiando who likes the 84's. They are great cars and handle like they are on rails. I love your 77. I would like to add a couple more Vettes to my stable someday including a mid 70's shark.

Is that you posing with the Vette?

:bar

No, that's one of the six models I manage, Lauren. A pose by my 'vette is my signature image--at least that's what I tell the IRS! They all beg to pose with it anyhow. Here's another model I manage, Nova--one image posing by the 'vette after a shoot and one of her doing her stuff--earning me money to support my 'vette habit!

122460_m_4F092820-2B3D-897A-207E06BF64788DD8.jpg

122460_m_B9E32A27-FE69-EAE8-384EBC49C59A9DA4.jpg

NOVA - "no go" in spanish..

hmmmmmmm ;)

Nova loves muscle cars and owns a Trans Am and a '69 Chevelle. She named herself from an early Nova car she saw at a show once.

But, C4's are surprisingly inexpensive right now--it's really a mystery to me why. Is it because they're expensive to maintain parts-cost-wise? Parts for a C3 are cheap--of course we need a lot of'em! Is it insurance cost? The insurance on my C3 is dirt cheap--I have State Farm full coverage--they consider it a "2" on the insurance scale. My old Mitsubishi Galant (my ex-wife's actually) was a "14".

This is a great thread.

I am looking at 95 and 96's right now. Today I looked at a 95 LT-1 red/black with 91k miles for $12,500 at a local Kansas City dealer.

Ouestion:

If I was to find a standard 96 vette with lets say 40k-60k miles clean ready to road trip what do you think I should have to pay?

Rain said:
I just did that very thing. Instead of dropping 3-5 grand into customizing my aqua 96, I decided to buy a nice C5.
Rain, that is a beauty. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Congradulations,

Selim

I'm sorta of glad C-4 pices are a little down right now.:( It gives me an excuse not to even think about selling my only remaining Vette while looking for the next one, and having true car nut disease that got very temporaily side-tracked this week when I found an 1987 Turbo Regal and bought it.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom