Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C4's price's dropping!!!!!!!!!!!!

My .02 worth is this. I bought my first vette one year ago this past fall. '86 dark Red coupe with 41,000 miles. The paint was a little rough and mice had decided it would make them a good home. The guy had it put up and was selling because of the big "D". Paid $8500.00 for it. Since that time I've put ~$1,500.00 in it to getting it running right. Now I have it in the shop having it re-painted and the interior re-done. Which is going to cost ~$6 - $7000. The car is all orginal and i plan on keeping it that way.

I bought my '02 Z-06 last month. I can tell you I love driving both of these cars. Each has some cool thing about them. But I have always liked the body style of the C-4's. I plan on keeping the C-4 as long as I can because it was my first vette. I may never recover what I've spent on the C-4 but then again I spent the money knowing that bit of information. I spent the money because I really like this car. The Zzz is cool..but the C-4 is just as cool in my book.

I guess I could be considered a sucker or either the vette bug has bitten big time.

H.D.

corvette-litas.com ? where you get online and find your future wife, another corvette lover?

sorta like they do with russian chicks ;LOL

"corvette-litas.com ? where you get online and find your future wife, another corvette lover?

sorta like they do with russian chicks"

That really wouldn't be a bad thing. I married one of those Russian Brides (see image)--we were married for 6 years--then divorced last year--now she's 26 and we're heavily dating--> she just wants to be able to still drive the 'vette I'm sure.

33681_p_D281B9E0-D9EF-538B-CEBFCB050DA8E147.jpg

tomtom72 said:
Hey Rain, absolutely stunning car! The gold on the rotors sets off the chrome wheels and adds just the right contrast to the black:upthumbs !
JMHO Tom

I hear ya Tom.. I didnt even notice the rotors had rusted up like that until I looked at the pics! But it does add a nice color under the chrome wheel.. almost a copper or bronze.

Of course after driving it, all that rust came off..
LOL!
Rain

I had a crazy criminal justice professor who claimed he had a "mail order bride from Russia." We never really knew what to believe and what not to believe. He would lecture and all of a sudden take off his glasses, stare up at the ceiling and say, "I ever tell you I saw Hendrix in 68'?" ;LOL

He claimed that his mail order bride was an ex-KGB agent. ;LOL

No, my ex just acts like an ex-KGB agent.

Well, I'm off to look at a black '84 in Jacksonville--supposed to have 3k miles on it. I'm excited as heck! I'll post images when I get back.

Vettelt193 said:
sounds like a fair price to me.... Corvettes in general have values that are mileage based. 37k is low, and it sounds like it is in great shape. Just be warned, since value is based mostly on miles, the more you drive it the less it will be worth:(
i just wanted a nice car to drive on weekends. it is not ment to be a investment. i just wanted a car that the preavious owner appreciated as mutch as i do

I bought my 86 vert two years ago. It had 44,000 clicks on the clock.It has nice paint and a ZR1 hard tail with 1988 17 inch wheels. Inside is nice. Rag top good. I gave $7,000 for it. This is my 8th vette . Of all the others I like driving this one the best. I will do to it what I like and will not worry about it's resale value. It is for my fun in life. I don't think bad of anyone trying to turn a buck,but I think most of us here just love owning and driving our beloved vette's. I know I enjoy every time I'm in it,working on it, washing it. Who cares what someone else thinks it's worth in a few years. If I had to depend on money from my vette's I'd be one skinny mother.....Vettes are for fun...C4's are a good way to get a fun fix....Just My thoughts....Bob Yates

Bob Yates said:
I bought my 86 vert two years ago. It had 44,000 clicks on the clock.It has nice paint and a ZR1 hard tail with 1988 17 inch wheels. Inside is nice. Rag top good. I gave $7,000 for it. This is my 8th vette . Of all the others I like driving this one the best. I will do to it what I like and will not worry about it's resale value. It is for my fun in life. I don't think bad of anyone trying to turn a buck,but I think most of us here just love owning and driving our beloved vette's. I know I enjoy every time I'm in it,working on it, washing it. Who cares what someone else thinks it's worth in a few years. If I had to depend on money from my vette's I'd be one skinny mother.....Vettes are for fun...C4's are a good way to get a fun fix....Just My thoughts....Bob Yates
Well spoken, I could not agree more. This is a vehicle I have wanted for a long time. Damn sure did not buy it just to fix it up, for someone else to drive it.

redvette6spd said:
i just wanted a nice car to drive on weekends. it is not ment to be a investment. i just wanted a car that the preavious owner appreciated as mutch as i do
I hear ya... no car is really an investment. They are so dang hard not to drive though. I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the values... I had a daily driver for a while, to keep the vette in the garage for weekends... not anymore! I would rather drive the wheels off of it (while having fun) than to drive some other car to work!

Vettelt193 said:
I had a daily driver for a while, to keep the vette in the garage for weekends... not anymore! I would rather drive the wheels off of it (while having fun) than to drive some other car to work!
Problem is, drive the vette to work , you just want to keep driveing and forget about going to work. ;LOL

BruceBed said:
The ironic thing about vette's are that you should enjoy them . The investment objective should be secondary. People are buying vette's as investment hedges. Some of these people don't know a fuel injector from a catalytic converter. They ruin the hobby for the purist's.
When I bought my C3, 30+ years ago, you could by a solid axle or C2 for $500- $3500. They were just used cars. I had people tell me after about 5 years of ownership -" you're car will never appreciate or be of desire". Look at the C3's now. Classic cars are like real estate, good product over time will always appreciate. You have to know what you wqnt and enjoy it . Even the pro's guess wrong. Objects of desire are meant to be enjoyed- no more or less.
I couldn't agree more. I bought my 92 LT1 3 years ago and truly love that car. The Quasar Blue paint is in great shape for a 12 year old car, and with just turning 90k miles, the engine runs strong. I've done a few mods like 3:54 rear end gears, performance chip, K&N, magnaflow ss true dual exhaust & chrome ZR1 rims. The mods were done to customize it for me. I really have never cared about resale value. It has immeasurable value to me because it's mine & I feel it's truly unique. I still look at the car in the garage and marvel at what a beauty she is. When I drive her I'm transformed into the coolest dude on the road. Hence the license plate KOOLBLU. My son knows about my love for corvette's & C4's in particular. He currently goes to an automotive technology school in Phoexix called UTI. Unfortunately, his generation is more into the rice burners but I know someday he'll come to his senses and appreciate what someday will be his. The 92 will always be a part of me even if I do own other corvette's in my lifetime.

I've been thinking of selling my '86E coupe. The wife is pregnant with twins. Anyway, its a two tone metallic beige top and metallic bronze, both tops "painted and smoke", ALL original except for the valve covers, tire and wheels "I have the originals even the goodyear gatorbacks", only 7,500 original miles on her, it has almost every option.....she's a creampuff, mint, cherry. Its a very well maintained "garage queen", it sat in my fathers garage for years and he only put 5800 miles on it and I'm the second owner. Maybe I should wait until the weather warms back up before I really try to sell her. Anyone know what it might be worth or where to find out? Anyone interested can PM me.

ProEMTPFF, do you really need to sell it ? Sounds like something that should be kept in the family. Maybe for one of the twins ?? I hate to see someone part with something that could mean a lot later. Your call but I would do everything I could to keep one like that. :):v

ProEMTPFF,
I would really hate to see you disconnect from your 86, sounds like a nice car that the twins can one day help you wash on nice days!

Give Rogers a call, they are in your state; they seem to gravitate to low mile original Corvettes.

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/

(407) 628-8300

B17Crew
:w

Pro I gotta agree with the last 2 responses. This car sounds like a sweetheart and if possible I would keep it. I would hate to see you part with such a low mile Vette as it would be hard to get back later in life. I have sold cars that I wish now I had kept. Just my .02

:bar

B17Crew said:
I would really hate to see you disconnect from your 86, sounds like a nice car that the twins can one day help you wash on nice days!
I agree, but know how priorities change during life. It's a lot of years with a two-seater before the kids MIGHT be interested in your treasure. I installed a carseat in the rear of the '84, with proper belts. I used it exacty once!

Wanna make money on a Vette? Buy a house for it to stay in!

"Wanna make money on a Vette? Buy a house for it to stay in!"

There sure is alot of truth in that statement!

I doubt if anyone gets such a great deal on any car in that its gonna appreciate in value in the short term ... long range maybe but not short term.

I've owned cars in the past that would be worth MORE than my c-4 today .... but I still would not trade Ruby to get them back ... '34 Model B pickup, 55 Chev, 69 SS-396 Chevelle ...... sure I am sorry I let them go, but my lt1 roadster is a keeper!

You'll forget the money but you wont forget the joy!;)

Regets ....I could write a book on them about my vetts.I own number 159 a Polo white 54 that my oldest daughter remebers as the smokey vette, at the same time I also had a 63 fuelie ...Later I had a 69 L88, pasted everything but a gas station... anyone want to guess what it is worth now. I sold it in 77 for $3200.00 ....regets... I've had a few but the fun I've had has no price. I'm not a rich man but I'm not poor either.I have a great family and a love for one of the best cars in the world and I think all of us are lucky that we can own a piece of our dreams.....Bob Yates

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom