Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6 blue devil pics

Then I stand corrected. I had heard that it was basically the same car as the Caddy. Either way, it is a serious ride...

Big Tex said:
Then I stand corrected. I had heard that it was basically the same car as the Caddy. Either way, it is a serious ride...

Indeed it is! Don't get me wrong, if Chebby was to come out with the "Blue Devil", I hope it looks as sexy as the Mosler. When I saw the Mosler, my first thought was, "Man, I hope they make enough of these so I can pick one up used one day!"

Bryan

Is the Cien mid-engined? The proportions look like it is. I think they should just call it the 'Zora' or the 'Duntov' He always wanted to make a mid-engine Corvette.

DRTH VTR said:
Is the Cien mid-engined? The proportions look like it is. I think they should just call it the 'Zora' or the 'Duntov' He always wanted to make a mid-engine Corvette.

Yea the Cien is a MR 750hp V12 but they are not making it and according to a lady at the cien in the dc auto show she said they werent making the cien but an extrememly high performance C6 corvette called the blue devil with similar specs like 625hp and maybe even more, It would be pretty cool it it was mid engined though

Last Ride said:
Indeed it is! Don't get me wrong, if Chebby was to come out with the "Blue Devil", I hope it looks as sexy as the Mosler. When I saw the Mosler, my first thought was, "Man, I hope they make enough of these so I can pick one up used one day!"

Bryan

My first thought was "Hello S7."

EDIT: If the Mosler was made first, then I'll gladly stand corrected. I hadn't heard of the Mosler until reading this thread.

z06nutss405 said:
Yea the Cien is a MR 750hp V12 but they are not making it and according to a lady at the cien in the dc auto show she said they werent making the cien but an extrememly high performance C6 corvette called the blue devil with similar specs like 625hp and maybe even more, It would be pretty cool it it was mid engined though

My question is this: If the Cien is mid-engine and the lady at the auto show says no Cien, but a high performance 'Vette instead, could it be mid-engine?

DRTH VTR said:
My question is this: If the Cien is mid-engine and the lady at the auto show says no Cien, but a high performance 'Vette instead, could it be mid-engine?

you know i was thinking about that and it would be pretty cool but she didnt specify on anything like that

Last Ride said:
My point was, I don't think we will ever see the Cien from Cadillac. While it was badged as a Cadilla for the shows, and sports Cadillac facias, I think recent talks point more towards the Blue Devil as the sole supercar from GM. Of course, will it ever be produced? Who knows....

Bryan

I'm not so sure about that Bryan, there seems to be a really big push to give caddy just about anything they want to regain their world class image. They already have two V12s nearing production ready status and they won't fit in the XLR. If they should get the go ahead for a Cien-type middy, Hill would be crazy not to try to make a vette version, if his budget will allow. I fully recognize that this would be very unusual in GM's history, but right now the Lutz pendulum is swinging - a real car guy has tremendous influence at GM. If sales pick up in areas reflecting the Lutz touch, his power increases.

Last Ride said:
Another thing, when I get mine, I will wave! nevermind that it would cost as much as the house I currently own, lol! I guess I could just wait a few years and pick one up used for half the price.... What about the Mosler design leaning in the direction of the "supervette"?

Bryan

GOOD! :w I don't understand why (here in so cal anyway) very few C5ers wave.

I've only seen one Mosler in person. The one I saw is very much a race car that is street legal. Absolutely no refinement. the dash was a mish mash of carbon fiber patterns / scraps. But you asked about direction ... I think the Cien is a near production capable vehicle that is in that direction. Though certainly not derived from the Mosler, the Cien is also a CF monocock design, middy, though much shorter than the Mosler. Actually, the S7 Saleen is VERY close to the Mosler approach ($450k?). I ramble.

If you ask if I think the mosler will be adopted as the supervette, I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.

Although one can hope otherwise, I do really think the production Blue Devil will be remain a front engined, RWD, completely unique bodied, vette with more changes to the chassis. I look forward to reading the next Ford GT shoot out with Porshe, Ferrari, and Blue Devil. I am certain I won't be throwing that magazine across the room when I read the final paragraph of that comparo!

z06nutss405 said:

I know you are only repeating a statement, but the real status of these projects is not ususally shared with the public and probably not with ladies at auto shows. Cad has two V12s almost ready for production. Do you think they will only be offered in trucks and 4 door STSs (no they won't fit in the XLR)? Maybe. Only time will tell.

But you know, they could build an MB SLR type car by extending the front of the XLR and re body to accomodate the V12. This would be a radical attention getter for cad, but I don't see a vette going in that direction.

LongTimer said:
I know you are only repeating a statement, but the real status of these projects is not ususally shared with the public and probably not with ladies at auto shows. Cad has two V12s almost ready for production. Do you think they will only be offered in trucks and 4 door STSs (no they won't fit in the XLR)? Maybe. Only time will tell.

But you know, they could build an MB SLR type car by extending the front of the XLR and re body to accomodate the V12. This would be a radical attention getter for cad, but I don't see a vette going in that direction.

Isn't one of those V12's supposed to be a twin turbo? As for the other post regarding the Mosler, no, I don't think Chevy would adopt it as the "Blue Devil". I just would like to see the Blue Devil take that direction in styling (with more refinement, of course). When I was a boy, I dreamed of one day owning a "super car" like the Lamborgini Countach or a Ferrari F40. My biggest problem (other than money) was that they weren't American cars. More importantly, they weren't Corvettes! As I got older and learned of the various efforts and desires for a mid-engined Corvette among the brand's elite, I realized I was not alone. With the "Supervette" rumors, my dreams have been reborn. Now they just need to be realized!

Bryan

Im shure they wouldent, but instead of saying no, the women at the show could of said they didnt tell me which is what she said when i asked here about the cien's top speed, this thread is not about the production plans of the cien, it is about the blue devil and maybe they didnt tell her about production plans for the cien, she is technicalliy on the inside maybe she found out on her own, the cien in starting to get old, if they were going to make it they would probably tell people by now or say no they are not going to make it. Why wouldent she know about the blue devil its clearly no big secret, do you think people at gm dont ever look at these sights,or even in magazines why would she lie, if she was going to lie she would say no there is no such idea or car, I don't care what anyone says the facts are that she in on the inside and
weather they told her about it or she found it out herself I think she knows what she is talkin about, i think espn's trip to the auto show did a thing on how the presenters for cars arnt just hot girls to stand next to the car and look pretty, they have to lear alot of stuff and they are professionals :t

ps- you can see they new sts on www.cadillac.com it is awd or rwd with a v8 or v6

SlowRide said:
Here are the other two renderings by Jim McClain for the Blue Devil.....(the blue one is from your CF Forum link).

bluedevil.jpg

reddevil.jpg

I really like those. Maybe I smell some after market chances!

that wold be awsome, i dont like the wheels though but the rest is :cool, ohh immagine a lingenfelter c6

z06nutss405 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Aren't "Corvette's" Front Engine only? Wouldn't a mid engine car be a non Corvette? Just a thought. I still agree with you all, it would be cool as all get out.

74bigblock said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but Aren't "Corvette's" Front Engine only? Wouldn't a mid engine car be a non Corvette? Just a thought. I still agree with you all, it would be cool as all get out.

well what ever im shure it will be awsome and it wouldent necessarily be non vette the c5s and c6s are front/mide cuz of the rear trans but it dosent matter that much as long as if has a min of 625hp a 1/4 mile with 11.1 secs or lower (prob. lower) a 0-60 with a max of 3.3 ( also prob. lower) and a slolom of at least 71.5 mph hopefully faster :D

ps- hey bigblock r u enjoying those wallpapers i sent, sorry for the delay :duh

74bigblock said:

Okay, time to split some hairs. In actuality, the C5 (and C6) ARE mid-engine cars by definition. The motor sits far enough back that it is considered to be between the axles thereby making it "mid-engined". As for the traditional thought of a mid-engined car, Zora pushed several variations that never panned out and was said to have always wanted a mid-engined, all wheel drive car. Would it still be a Corvette? You decide....

Bryan

hmm i never hought about if but your right so i guesse it would be cool to see it calssified as a mid engied and i guess it should be but the full engine mostly be in the rear like the cien, hmm i wonder what it would look like ohh im looking at my c6 model and im thinkin man that would look awsome, any real good photoschoopers like to maybe make a nice cien like c6.. pleaze :D

Midengine

Bryan
You need to get your terminology staight:

Front engine: As it says Engine up front of driver. (See CORVETTE!)
Mid engine: Engine in back of driver, adhead of rear axle (See Pontiac Fiero)
Rear engine: Engine aft of the rear axle (See Corvair!)

so that is why the vette is front mid because the engine is in front of the driver but in between the axels

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom