Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Corvette? Where? Oh. That thing?

• Thread starter 18 with a C5. Damn.
  • Start date
The link below is a web page I put together showing all the significant speculation concerning the appearance of the C6:

C6 Speculation Summary

The versions below are the ones that most Corvette owners seem to like, particularly the coupe:

C6Spc10.jpg

Enjoy! (Or worry more, whichever is your predilection.)

David :D :D

Interesting link you've got there.

At least the artist conceptions don't look as fugly as C&D's rendering. Although I think I'm always going to have a problem with that Pontiac Salsa Sunfire Orange color. I always thought Pontiacs to be on the tacky side of the design spectrum. Always putting on that clunky 5¢ body trim that never looked like it fit right. That and this new disposition towards unnecessary(?) body creases á la Ford Cougar or the new Caddies.

As long as it's closer in performance to the new Viper than the Mustang SVT Cobra.

I think it's going to be a long time before they get a style that EVERYONE likes. I pretty much dealt with ever style up to C5. Even the C5 I'm still not a huge fan of. Needs to many refinements for my liking. I don't think the C6 is going to be much better. In general, I don't think there are many cars at all brand new that I find attractive. I'm just not down with the current schooling concept of mixing curves and creases.

GM should just release the CERV IV and be done with it. A mid-engine vette using the Northstar engine. Or Lingenfelter's 427.

Nige said:
Thanks Bud!

For one moment there I thought I was back at alt.autos.corvette!!

No, this is not alt.autos.corvette.

While I don't mind a little speculation, I do ask that everyone remain careful with it. Speculation leads to rumors and in most cases, rumors could not be further from the truth. That is counterproductive to what this site stands for.

Other Corvette related web sites may bask in the glory and sunshine created by the amount of traffic that C6 rumors and lies create; I on the other hand, do not.

If you want to post constructive criticism about what direction you may think the C6 is taking, be my guest. Do not, post insults or inflammatory comments. If you feel that strongly about the C6 and feel that you can make a difference in the course of development that it takes, then contact Chevrolet Customer Assistance and ask them if you can apply for a job.

Last but not least, I would ask you to read: What is the Corvette Action Center and scroll to the last few paragraphs at the bottom.

Guys Guys Guys. The pix is a computer generated pix by R&T and could or COULD NOT be anywhere close to the real thing. The Gen. is going to keep the C6 very close to his vest until shortly before its time for all of us to see it. I think we all should revel in the new technology that is due to be realesed in the C6 and wait to see what the design will be. One thing is FOR SURE. Every C6 built will sell with no problem as every other Corvette that has ever been built has. I try very hard to stay on top of what is coming up for the C6 and the best info available that I can find can be viewed here. Make sure you see BOTH pages.

http://www.corvettesbyrickdaniel.com/C6INFO.html

Dont worry so much about the pix and revel in the technology. :)

Being a creature of habit, I don't necessary like change. I'm old enough to remember the '67 to '68 body style change. I hated it! Now I think the C3 is the one of the best looking of the lot (a bit bias) My point is the C6 will will grow on you, give it some time. When the C7 arrives someday, everyone will want the C6 back :)
Gary

DavidWP said:
The link below is a web page I put together showing all the significant speculation concerning the appearance of the C6:

C6 Speculation Summary

The versions below are the ones that most Corvette owners seem to like, particularly the coupe:

C6Spc10.jpg

Enjoy! (Or worry more, whichever is your predilection.)

David :D :D

I dig that concept that your showing...the orange one is cool.

Thanks

JB

Red73BB said:
Being a creature of habit, I don't necessary like change. I'm old enough to remember the '67 to '68 body style change. I hated it! Now I think the C3 is the one of the best looking of the lot (a bit bias) My point is the C6 will will grow on you, give it some time. When the C7 arrives someday, everyone will want the C6 back :)
Gary

This is actually a very good point. I really liked the C4's wedge shape and styling. When the C5 came out, I was very mixed on it. I felt slightly dissapointed that a lot of the edges had been smoothed and rounded and I was afraid that it was going to gradually evolve into another egg-shaped vehicle like all the rest on the road.

However, it grew on me....and kept on growing to the point where now, I find most C4s boring to look at. The C5 has REALLY grown on me and I now love the car from every single angle.

Rick Daniel

I have a question in regards to how the new C6 will affect prices on C5's.

I am planning on buying either a WS6 Trans Am or a ZO6 in about another year and a half. Thats going to be really close to the release date of the C6.

How will this affect the prices on the C5's New and Used?

Do you know more or less how much these new C6's are going to run for?

Thanks

Frank

Bullitt said:
The last thing GM needs to do is spend money on "focus groups." All it tends to do is water down the product, like the RX-7....er... NSX... er.....I mean, C5 for example. GM needs to let the designers exercise their creative talents and then, see what is doable.

--Bullitt

I disagree Bullitt, because I've been involved with several focus groups over the years (including the Viper, GT-40, C5, and the Nissan Z). The manufactures need the honest feedback before they go out and make some serious blunders. I have seen 2 occasions where the feedback from the focus groups changed the manufacturer's decision to release a car.

By the way, I am very disappointed with the C6 designs that I have seen. Nisssan and Toyota have readily admitted that they copied the design of the Audi TT. I hope that GM doesn't do to the Corvette, what DC is doing to the Viper.

JMO.

Brad

sscam69 said:
Rick Daniel

I am planning on buying either a WS6 Trans Am or a ZO6 in about another year and a half. Thats going to be really close to the release date of the C6.

Thanks

Frank

I wished I knew the ans. to these questions. Their are so many other things that will have a barring on these issues that it would be impossible to say.

Rick

18 with a C5. Damn. said:
sadly. yes. may god help us.

:hb

How is it that you are so sure? Have you seen the real C6? That picture is NOT EVEN CLOSE from what I have heard. Did I miss the C6 spy shot or what?

sscam69 said:
Rick Daniel

Thanks

Frank
Wait a minute, about that WS6 Trans Am... where do you plan on finding one of those? Wasn't the 2003 MY the last for the F Body cars, or are you talking about a previously owned car?
At any rate, I think you should purchase what you really want, (within your price range of course) and not try to second guess what the next market will be. What I'm really saying is don't worry about what the car will be worth after your purchase, but rather place the "fun factor" first because no "price" can be placed on that.
Just my two cents worth this morning.
vettepilot

Thanks for the tip vettepilot

As far as the Trans-Am is concerned if am going to to buy it it is going to be used and would do it anyways because I am going to drop in an LS6 cam and all the typical bolt ons (i.e. headers, cold air intake etc). I have thought about buying a forumla and adding some rims and a body kit (no not the ricer kind) with the above mentioned mods. The forumlas are the basically the base coupe with the V8 option (i.e. no leather interior etc) I can save money that way.

I am going to buy the vette used. I have been looking at used vettes over the net and have found some pretty sweet deals. I am going to be adding performance enhancing parts as well. Thats why I am planning on buying it used, so that I don't feel bad about modifying a spanking brand new car.

The reason I was asking about prices with the new C6 coming out was because it just meant more money for mods:D

But yeah vette pilot theres the "fun factor" and I think that vette is going to give me more of that than the firebird and the car is a looker!

Frank

Sounds like you have great plan for both vehicles... I'm sure you will really enjoy either/and/ or both. It's really difficult to describe the "fun factor" to people that don't enjoy cars for the sport or fun.
Most just slog along and think that they have to drive something to work or the store and never redeem the pure enjoyment of a great handling, accelerating car, regardless of the marque.
Those are the people that can't understand our enthusiasm for cars and their respective capabilities... you have probably heard more than once "why do you spend so much for that thing, it doesn't even have a back seat".. or the other oft heard "where can you use all that horsepower on the public roads" or the infamous "where can you go 170 miles per hour around here" ?
It's not that we will go 170 MPH, it's that we could... LOL
Enjoy, and have a great Holiday Season.
vettepilot

I always thought the C5 was the nicest lookin car ever, but when i saw the older models, it changed my mind. I think the the C4 is the nicest looking, then the C3, then the C2 and C1 tied, and then last the C5. I see this C6, and, well, i dont want to say what i think because this is a corvette, it just took the wrong direction. IMHO it is copying forgien cars. I know that isnt what it will look like, hopefully, but if it does, well, atleast the C5 will be knocked up a ranking for its looks in my book. I think we should bring back the C2 or C3 body style, but with a modern twist to it! Who thinks that would be a good idea?

ok, besides the horrid, terrifying 350z, rx8, all aorund rice burner thing( that the only thing "corvette" abotu it is the red) i do like the blue and orange ones...... i lile the hatch window on the coupe.... almost split window w/o the split lol......... the c3 flares are undeniably cool, the tail end looks good again witht he c3's cruves behind the doors..... but the front end i think needs another gen's influence...... im not sure what would looks good..... maybe a less pointy version of a 2nd gen? ive even seen some designs w/chrome....... no no no..... leave chrome from corvettes back in the early years where they belong........

Mid

It's time for the Vette to get that mid engine... It's been talked about for more than twenty years.. Time to do it... Maybe put the new 12 cylinder engine it as well... 750 Hp and about 2500lbs, of carbon fiber and titaneum...Now we are talking... Lose some of the luxery stuff, and return to the real white knuckes sports car concept...

"Lose That Luxury Stuff"

"94 Sixspeed,

There's one luxury thing, in your case, that shouldn't be eliminated. The "traction control" system. A must - given how you like to drive in the snow.

Regards - Remo

Maybe

But the new vette should also be all wheel drive, so the traction control might be less important..

Maybe

But the new vette should also be all wheel drive, so the traction control might be less important..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom