Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Msrp?

jimxo

Corvette
Sold my 1989 snif-snif
I have a few questions if anyone could reply.

It's been many years since I sold my 89 Vette and was wondering what to expect when I try to purchase a new one?

1) How long will dealers be getting sticker?

2) Has anyone ever purchased one thru GMO or GMS pricing?

3) What is the average resale value after four years?

4) How reliable have the newer Corvettes been?

Thanks in advance.

Corvette for when your Prozac runs out.

Usually the first model year is trouble. I dont think the C6 will be to bad because its more of a Jenny Jones makeover then a whole new car. I would expect the Coupe with a med. amount of options to be in the 54K range the Vert around 59K. Don't expect to see discounts on the first model year unless the styling is not well liked and even then the dealers will try to be pigs and screw us. It also depends if they do that stupid allocation thing again and hold the first model year short of cars to keep prices high. Corvettes really hold there value and you should be fine in 4 years. You also have to remember the economy, its BAD now, When C5 came out every one was doing well in the stock market etc. Now its not the case so C6 may be a SLOW sell at the above prices. Nissans new Z car is a LOT of car for cheap about 15K cheaper then Corvette that could pose a challenge for GM as well.

You really think the Z is worth mentioning as a car GM needs to worry about?

The Z and Supra never seem to get traction that keeps them going long enough to gain that large following Ford and GM have.

jimxo said:
I have a few questions if anyone could reply.

2) Has anyone ever purchased one thru GMO or GMS pricing?

3) What is the average resale value after four years?

4) How reliable have the newer Corvettes been?

As an auto broker I might have a few answers.

1. As long as they can... plus more!!!
Depending on the state of the union and current credit options I forcast MSRP or higher for at least 8 months.

2. Define GMO & GMS

3. This falls into 3 categories:
1. Corvette afficiando
2. General public/private party
3. Dealership trade in

You have to figure around 65% residual value after 4 years.
Sports cars do not maintain their value too well.
Expect to "eat" a sizable amount if you plan on buying a C6 new and selling it in 4 years.

The "new" CORVETTE QDR is the best ever.
The C6 should bring even more improvements.

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

Why yes. The Nissan Z car has always been in GMs sights with Corvette. In fact when C5 was under development the then 300ZX was there benchmark car they were trying to beat. Now the new car is MUCH less then Corvette and a very nice piece at that. Makes me wonder if C6 will have a PRICE DROP. Aaaaa no on second thought we are talking GM here.

Black Ice said:
Makes me wonder if C6 will have a PRICE DROP. Aaaaa no on second thought we are talking GM here.

Such a pessimist. ;) Maybe they'll keep the introductory price of the C6 right around the same as the C5 - just like they did with the 1997/1996 Corvettes.

Last but not least, what other manufacturer builds a model that goes through generational changes (like the BMW 3 series as an example) and drops the price of the car from the previous year??

Yea but don't forget the C5 has gone up about 12 grand since its introduction in 97 for the same exact car. Even if pricing stays the same as the outgoing 04 C5, a price drop its not. Count on C5 going up at least another $1500 between now and C6s intro. ;)

jimxo said:

Dealers around here will be getting sticker price for at least two years. That was the case when the C4 came out in 84. When the C5 was introduced it was well into the 2000 model year before you could get a decent discount. We may have to do some shopping on the internet to get a discount on the C6.

blocker44 said:
Dealers around here will be getting sticker price for at least two years. That was the case when the C4 came out in 84. When the C5 was introduced it was well into the 2000 model year before you could get a decent discount. We may have to do some shopping on the internet to get a discount on the C6.

Shopping on the internet?
There are a few resident CORVETTE salesmen here that might be able to help.

Like me!!!

:D :D :D

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

Well I have to admit I did find a dealer in the burbs that sold me my 1997 for $1K over invoice. It was her only Corvette allocated for the the entire model year and she did not care about the car at all. I even got to order it. In the Autoweek new car poll My sales price was the lowest in the "what owners paid" list :D

Corvette is my prozac!

My $.02 cdn,

NISSAN Z car, no contest. No following. Looks nice, but will not have staying power. Not many sold here in Canada, yet!

C6, ah yes... Will start up high, and end up adding value to the c5's! (my guess, not everyone is going to like the changes on the c6!)

If you are jumping back in now, my best bet would be to buy yourself a nice 2002 if you can find what you want or get a new 2003 C5 with $0.0/interest.

In the end, get that vette now! Don't wait for the C6 introduction. All the C5s will sell for higher $$$ and sell-out!

-Bill.

This is very true. If you really want a Vette now is the best time to buy. You are not going to see 0.0% or cash back again for a loooong time. And the C5 is now very refined and a Goood car.

Expected MSRP

I been told that the C6 will come in around the same starting base price as the C5.

Part of the reason is that the cost of C6 is a little less to produce than the C5. This is a repeat of the C5 and C4.

Expect to see the 8 test mules at major shows by summer end.

Tak care all,
Stan

Re: Expected MSRP

Stan A said:

Expect to see the 8 test mules at major shows by summer end
Where did you hear this?

The former editor of Vette Vues magazine was told this by several key GM Corvette personnel at a show last month.

I had also heard some similar lines of thought in February from a close friend who is with GM in Detroit.

This does make sense. Early promotion to peak interest. I would also expect to see some sort of pics before July. A leak or two unofficially will also gain interest. They did it with the C5. I would expect similar actions with the C6.

It would be nice to see the C6 out by March, 2004.

Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom