Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Nav System - Update

Call the Nav Center - the number is in your manual and request the disk. My first update was not sent and I had no luck on the site but the call worked like a champ. I have not received notification for this year's update as yet. The next version is now reputed to be available on the first of September.

Given how close we are to September 1st already, I think I'd rather wait until then to place a call.

The Call

Patrick, don't wait. Place the dang call. Just do it!!!!!! oops; I did it again; dang.:L
Seriously palce the call. The early bird gets the worm!

Patrick, don't wait. Place the dang call. Just do it!!!!!! oops; I did it again; dang.:L
Seriously palce the call. The early bird gets the worm!

Norseman,
I appreciate the advice. Really, I do. :)

But consider: today is August 17th. In two weeks, we'll be into September, when the new version will be available. Besides, my attention is currently focused on preparing for the first real road trip I'll have taken the Corvette on since I got her: I'm driving up to Anacortes, Washington to escape the carnage and chaos that's about to descend upon Denver the last week of August. I won't be back until after Labor Day anyway.

I'll call them once I get back. Really, I'm okay with that. If I'm only entitled to one free update disc, I'd rather it be the most current version GM has. :)

And get the V4 update vice the V5 ;)

Is there something wrong with the V5? Is the version being released after Sept. 1st the V6?
;shrug

Norseman,
I appreciate the advice. Really, I do. :)

But consider: today is August 17th. In two weeks, we'll be into September, when the new version will be available. Besides, my attention is currently focused on preparing for the first real road trip I'll have taken the Corvette on since I got her: I'm driving up to Anacortes, Washington to escape the carnage and chaos that's about to descend upon Denver the last week of August. I won't be back until after Labor Day anyway.

I'll call them once I get back. Really, I'm okay with that. If I'm only entitled to one free update disc, I'd rather it be the most current version GM has. :)

Is there something wrong with the V5? Is the version being released after Sept. 1st the V6?
;shrug

No....:eyerole The meaning was that if you call and get the disk prior to the latest release, V5 - you will get a year old disk... I am waiting - as I said - for the September release before I call. ;)

September.

Ah September. New school year, new TV shows, New romance, and now new GM Nav. Disc.:thumb I always thought Fall was the best time of the year.:beer

*FREE > I have 2 discs available ... fits 2006 and ?

I just looked closer at the 2 discs - One is for US/Canada-East. The other is for US/Canada- West

Hope this clears up the confusion I experienced.

Ron

I have 2 discs available - will work in 2006 for sure. Check for others.

GM Part # 2597806U Ver.5.0 > US/Canada West
This is half of the new upgrade set of 2 discs.

GM Part#15779679 Ver. 2.0 * Original disc that came with car. US and Canada.

FREE for any of our Forum members.
A dollar bill would help w/postage & an envelope.

Will ship in a secure CD case.

First eMails takes 'em.

I just looked closer at the 2 discs - One is for US/Canada-East. The other is for US/Canada- West

Hope this clears up the confusion I experienced.

Ron

I have 2 discs available - will work in 2006 for sure. Check for others.

GM Part # 2597806U Ver.5.0 > US/Canada West
This is half of the new upgrade set of 2 discs.

GM Part#15779679 Ver. 2.0 * Original disc that came with car. US and Canada.

FREE for any of our Forum members.
A dollar bill would help w/postage & an envelope.

Will ship in a secure CD case.

First eMails takes 'em.
Very nice offer!

Rec'd a postcard in the mail last week to call and order the newest disc....should be the final free update.....

You are correct, if you are unfortunate enough to own a 05 C6 you get "SCREWED", and don't get the update free, but if you own a 06 or 07 I think you get the next 2 years updates free........I have no idea why GM/CHEVY chose to SHAFT the 05 owners but......OH!! WELL, that's just the way it goes.....
Hey maybe one of you guys could make me a copy..........LOL!!!

I agree.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom