Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Calloway

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Wanna see a Calloway speedster? :J Click on the web page icon below. New site updates.

Tom

link

Ken,
The little house with the www beside it in the utilities bar under my signature.

Tom

D'oh!!

:eek:

Nice work, Tom. I know you have other things to do than update your web site, (and polish your photographic skills!) ;), but I gotta see those vehicles in person. This summer I'm gonna visit you, be forewarned. :D

Let's see now, you've had the Olds since new, the Trans Am since new; do you ever get rid of the cars you bought new? :L

Ken

Yes

The 442 went to a collector in Warren OH and the Trans Am went to a collector in western Kansas at about the same time. It was one of those times when we had too much stuff and lost storage due to the old lady passing away. The 442 was sitting outside with winter on the way and the T/A was basically a trailer queen unless you wanted to see me cry when the laquer got chipped.

I spent about 5 months painting that car. Worked the metal until perfect, primed and sanded over and over. Sealed it and started spraying DuPont 99S. Several coats, then let it dry for a few weeks, color sand and several more coats. I did that 5 or 6 times until I could read a magazine in the reflection without distortion. It looked great if I'm allowed to brag. I was scared to move it around in the driveway. You will never know the relief I felt when it went into that trailer and I had check in hand.

I knew then that I wasn't a show car person. Driver paint jobs from now on. :L I may even be done with laquer. Maybe.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom