Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Car cover on or off?

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
Should I keep the cover on all the time. I don't have a garage to put it in. What do ya think?

Cover

YES KEEP IT ON, BE SURE THE CAR IS REAL CLEAN AND WASH COVER AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS AT COMMERCIAL LUNDRAY. GOOD WAX AT WASHING IS ALSO GOOD IDEA. lAST BUT NOT LEAST GET A GOOD COVER MADE FOR OUTSIDE, YOU SHOULD BE READY TO GO..................BILLY:):):):):):) ALSO DON'T PAY AND HEED TO SHOOTER

Yep,keep it on.Only takes a few min to put on/off.I carry a Tyvek cover with me to keep the sun off the car at work.

\db2
carolina

Car covers ?

YES KEEP IT ON, BE SURE THE CAR IS REAL CLEAN AND WASH COVER AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS AT COMMERCIAL LUNDRAY. GOOD WAX AT WASHING IS ALSO GOOD IDEA. lAST BUT NOT LEAST GET A GOOD COVER MADE FOR OUTSIDE, YOU SHOULD BE READY TO GO..................BILLY:):):):):):) ALSO DON'T PAY AND HEED TO SHOOTER

This is the best advice I can possibly think of or anyone can give you. :w

Depending on how much the wind blows and how tight the cover is, it could do more harm than good.
I discovered just how true that is on a recent motorcycle trip to Laughlin, NV. I picked up a half cover (just covers the top half, so don't have to wait for the exhaust to cool). I thought it would be good for keeping the bird poops and desert sun at bay. What I hadn't anticipated was the wind-driven sand finding its way under the cover. The bike was on the side stand (i.e., leaning left), and the high side (top right) of the tank was all scuffed after removing the cover next morning. Bear in mind, this was a purpose built cover, and perfectly clean, since it was the first time used since purchasing. It came out easily with polishing compound when I returned home, but I could imagine this might create some major work on something the size of the vette body.

I'll use a cover again, but not in the desert!
sun_smile.JPG

I just put a second cover on it. With a single cover, the it:cool!::cool!: flaps when windy. The car stays clean and dirt free.

Cover Choice

I have a 95 Trans Am and my Corvette. I bought a good cover for the TA a few years ago. I thought the fit was good and it was an outdoor cover. The wind blows a lot in Texas. The cover was on the car about 3 weeks and when I remove it the first time it had almost rubbed through the clear coat on top of the front fenders and quarter panels. I leave them both uncovered. I keep them clean and well waxed but no cover

I have a 95 Trans Am and my Corvette. I bought a good cover for the TA a few years ago. I thought the fit was good and it was an outdoor cover. The wind blows a lot in Texas. The cover was on the car about 3 weeks and when I remove it the first time it had almost rubbed through the clear coat on top of the front fenders and quarter panels. I leave them both uncovered. I keep them clean and well waxed but no cover

So after all no cover? Starting to fade at the edge of the hatch. J:confusedust don't know if i am doing more harm than good.?:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom